Off-Topic: The WORLD CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread

turtle28

21 hours ago, Woz said:

Disagree with it being a fire sale. Should they be selling? Absolutely. But to just dump because? Eh, no thanks.

Fire sale = dumping just because??? Quite the leap.

To be clear, I would have dealt Harp, Wieters, Gio/Hellickson, and/ORRRRRR Herrera.

And to be fair, we're not in the negotiating rooms... so we have no idea what the return offers are. I would have been fine with not getting an organization's BEST prospect for Bryce... but a few mid-tier guys would have worked. I was looking at Pavin Smith and Evan White for instance.

Just now, Skinsin2013 said:

Nats absolutely destroying the ball up and down the lineup.

Is it just me or have the Mets gone up and in to a few guys... Taylor, Trea, Soto, Murph? Hmm...............

They've done this for the last month.  Tomorrow they'll come out and get blanked. Again. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nationals/nats-hang-on-to-bryce-harper-at-deadline-as-mike-rizzo-bets-on-horses-he-rode-in-on/2018/07/31/394692c2-94f2-11e8-a679-b09212fb69c2_story.html?utm_term=.d42df2e5b96d

Kintzler was shipped out because the Nationals believed he was responsible for anonymous reports that painted Washington’s clubhouse culture as iffy.

Interesting. 

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

We're now the Washington Redskins. What a whirlwind trip we've gone.

Yeah, it’s been my opinon of the Nats for their entire run. Before they were the “caps with bats.” Obviously, that can’t be used anymore but they aren’t too different than what we’ve see from the Redskins in the last 3 seasons and what the Wizards have done in the Wall/Beal era.

I don't like the Kelly move. Davey should have stepped in when there was barking between Kelly and the umps... the home plate ump twice. Instead he does nothing.

Kelly gets irritated... for being in there, the umps, the bomb... and he tosses his glove and promptly picks it up.

Following the game, you have Rizzo playing bad cop because Davey is all good cop.