Off-Topic: The WORLD CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread

turtle28

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 5:27 PM, lavar703 said:

You don’t deal Robles for anybody. If Harper leaves you need him. And I’d say there’s about a 90% chance Harper is gone after this season now. 

Spot on. And they wanted Kieboom too.

My prototypes for these guys are Tori Hunter and Troy Tulowitzki. I'll take TnT over JT.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Slateman said:

lol at not dealing Robles for anyone.

Rizzo offered him for Realmuto.

So I’m supposed to believe after they basically took pennies on the dollar for Yelich and Ozuna suddenly they are strong-arming the Nats? I think Rizzo is an excellent GM but he caves and gives up Robles and Keiboom then he doesn’t plan on being around here much longer. 

Not to mention they gave away Goodwin, Soto shouldn’t be in the outfield and MAT is not a very good player 70% of the time. Couple all of this with the impending loss of Harper and you’d basically dry up the outfield talent to justify trading for Realmuto. 

13 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

So I’m supposed to believe after they basically took pennies on the dollar for Yelich and Ozuna suddenly they are strong-arming the Nats? I think Rizzo is an excellent GM but he caves and gives up Robles and Keiboom then he doesn’t plan on being around here much longer. 

Not to mention they gave away Goodwin, Soto shouldn’t be in the outfield and MAT is not a very good player 70% of the time. Couple all of this with the impending loss of Harper and you’d basically dry up the outfield talent to justify trading for Realmuto. 

If Soto isn’t in the outfield where would you play him? 

19 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Ozuna and Yelich were more expensive and not nearly as good at their respective positions than Realmuto.

Realmuto is outfitting Ozuna, within a few OPS points of Yelich (who plays in a hitter's park), and does it at a far more valuable position.

And Yelich was traded for 60 level prospect.  Again, they known what they have and are absolutely correct to demand the moon for it. 

11 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

If Soto isn’t in the outfield where would you play him? 

Buy out Zimmerman and play him at first. Actually, they should get him reps at first this offseason and in ST, that way he can play first when Zim goes to the DL.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Fire sale time. This team could position itself to be a big time contender for years to come with some key subtractions and additions.

Disagree with it being a fire sale. Should they be selling? Absolutely. But to just dump because? Eh, no thanks.

8 hours ago, Woz said:

Not with Davey at the helm.

Disagree. A lot. Harper is clearly the problem on this team. He's clearly being given a different set of rules. He's become RG III.

Rizzo asked the Indians for Bieber in exchange for Harper and the Indians said no. That should put to bed any discussions about Harper being worth a "top prospect."