Off-Topic: The WORLD CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread

turtle28

10 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Phillies very much in play. Don't see how that doesn't affect the Nats.

Dodgers have a deal in place. Unless the Phillies are dumb enough to cough Crawford, done.

It's done. Too bad. Wish the Phillies would have gone all in on a rental. 

Honestly, it's a good measure of what we could have got for Harper if he had hit to his career averages. And to think, people laughed at me for wanting to trade Harper to the Sox for Betts, Bogaerts, and Henry Owens. 

Edited by Slateman
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Slateman said:

Dodgers have a deal in place. Unless the Phillies are dumb enough to cough Crawford, done.

It's done. Too bad. Wish the Phillies would have gone all in on a rental. 

Honestly, it's a good measure of what we could have got for Harper if he had hit to his career averages. And to think, people laughed at me for wanting to trade Harper to the Sox for Betts, Bogaerts, and Henry Owens. 

Hindsight being what it is, can't wait to see how Davey turns out. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Hindsight being what it is, we'll probably realize that Martinez was given the worst Nationals team since 2010.

Not really. Maybe because of injury, but even that’s debatable. He still was given a hell of a better bullpen than Dusty and most former Nats managers had to deal with.

The Nats talent level is stacked on paper but injuries have hurt them. I guess the easy going spring training didn’t help with that like it was supposed to.

Edited by turtle28

Can’t believe Davey left Stras in during that 5th inning last night, just an awful managerial decision.

I was at the game, what a disappointing game to have just after the all-star break to a division rival that you must beat if you have any hopes at winning the division.

It was nice to see Zimmerman get some at bats, even if he didn’t do anything.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/nats-strasburg-loses-beefs-scherzer-braves-win-8-035314704--mlb.html

Birthday boy Stephen Strasburg and Nationals ace Max Scherzer are leaving it at that.  Strasburg was batted around by the Atlanta Braves, then engaged in a heated spat with Scherzer in the dugout during the Washington Nationals' 8-5 loss Friday night.  The Nationals delayed opening their clubhouse to reporters after the game, and Strasburg then offered no clarification for the animated discussion between him and Scherzer.

The Nats are imploding, and they don’t have the experienced manager like they had last year with Dusty to hold it together.

2 hours ago, Slateman said:

Do the Caps play baseball?

You’re right, my bad. I believe it. I’ve never believed the Nats are as good as most fans think. They usually skate by with 90 plus wins in one of the worst divisions in baseball and then lose in the NLDS. They’re overrated, and always have been.