Off-Topic: The WORLD CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread

turtle28

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

How does Martinez escape the fact that several players are having bad seasons under this staff? You really think Long hasn’t had a negative affect on this teams hitting? Or the fact that Martinez has absolutely no idea when it’s time to pull a pitcher. 

Come on dude, I know you like to be a contrarian but this season has been a disaster. And citing Weiters being out is a joke. The dude is horrible. 

Lol, now you're blaming it on the guy Murphy credits for turning him from a .270 hitter to a batting champ contender?

Hilarious. Just freaking hilarious. 

Edited by Slateman

45 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

He’s gone either way after this year. Would rather get to choose a prospect than have the comp pick

We dont get to choose a prospect. We get whatever a team is willing to give up. Which really wont be much.

2 hours ago, Slateman said:

Lol, now you're blaming it on the guy Murphy credits for turning him from a .270 hitter to a batting champ contender?

Hilarious. Just freaking hilarious. 

What’s hilarious about it? It’s not working. The team sucks and has struggled all year, even before the injuries started to mount. We can revisit this in a year from now when the team still sucks and Martinez is fired. This is absolutely no different then what we went through with Acta. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

What’s hilarious about it? It’s not working. The team sucks and has struggled all year, even before the injuries started to mount. We can revisit this in a year from now when the team still sucks and Martinez is fired. This is absolutely no different then what we went through with Acta. 

It's hilarious that you think you know anything about baseball

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Leaving him in for 115 pitches probably wasn’t Daveys fault either...

Yes, but their offense has been trash most of the season. I have no clue what’s going on with Bryce Harper but I hope he gets right after the All-Star break.

45 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yes, but their offense has been trash most of the season. I have no clue what’s going on with Bryce Harper but I hope he gets right after the All-Star break.

I’m not allowed to talk about it. I don’t know anything about baseball. 

I’m not allowed to talk about it. I don’t know anything about baseball. 

I saw that. I almost commented on your behalf, but I knew you’d handle it in your own way. I’ve never understood why people make comments like that. 

Slateman does know his analytics and seems to know a lot but that doesn’t mean the rest of us are bumbling idiots in here.

Edited by turtle28

Leaving him in for 115 pitches probably wasn’t Daveys fault either...

Clearly. Because hes never thrown close to that many in a major league game. There's no way Dusty had him out on the mound throwing 112 pitches in a game before. That definitely didnt happen on August 27, 2017.

I can't buy into NONE of it being on the coaches. We had injury problems last year too. How does Bryce just all of a sudden go to a .217 hitter? I remember reading Long tweaked some things... that didn't work. You can't blame Strasburg being out completely. He starts every FIFTH game. So in our 22 game slump, you can account 4-5 of those games on him. What about the other 17-18? Roark is robbing us, Gio is playing bleh. Max GETS 1.5 RUNS PER GAME SUPPORT IN HIS LAST 5 STARTS.

Davey is not getting the most out of these guys. How can he not share any of the blame? This is NOT all injuries. Good teams can overcome that. 

• Like 2