Off-Topic: The WORLD CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread

turtle28

2 hours ago, Woz said:

Eh, I don't know about that. I get the defensive issues point, but do you really want to be taking Adams' bat out of the equation?

If Murphy returns to form he’s the best hitter the Nats have. It all depends on how Murphy progresses. It sounds like they’re working Murphy back slowly in hopes that he can make a big impact in Aug, Sept & hopefully Oct.

15 hours ago, Slateman said:

Better not. Doolittle is a better reliever than Herrera

Yeah, after I wrote that I heard that Herrera will pitch the 8th and Dr. Doolittle will continue to be the closer.

Also heard that Kintzler and others will pitch in the 6th or before if necessary and Madsen will be the 7th innning guy.

Just now, turtle28 said:
14 hours ago, Slateman said:

Better not. Doolittle is a better reliever than Herrera

Yeah, after I wrote that I heard that Herrera will pitch the 8th and Dr. Doolittle will continue to be the closer.

You can also mix it up depending on the situation. Heck, if you really want to get nutty, bring in both and put one in left field. Then you can match up against the batters lefty-lefty or righty-righty without having to go to the pen.

• Like 1

There's a part of me that's rooting (slightly) against Bryce, simply because it is forcing his price tag down and making it more likely the Nationals keep him. It's kind of a weird place to be mentally.

1 hour ago, Woz said:

There's a part of me that's rooting (slightly) against Bryce, simply because it is forcing his price tag down and making it more likely the Nationals keep him. It's kind of a weird place to be mentally.

Bryce Harper’s accumulative post season batting average is .211. His regular season average this year is now down to .213.

Out of all the stars in DC (Ovi, Wall and him) he’s the one who’s shrunk the most in the post season.

My worry is that his MVP season was an outlier. I don’t think he’s worth what he will likely get as a FA plus they have Eaton, Taylor, Robles & Soto.

Id rather get 2 or 3 good starting pitchers behind Scherzer & Stras for $300-400 million than to overpay for Harper.

The one thing that Harper does bring though is star power though. The other guys don’t right now, but Robles or Soto could in the future.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Id rather get 2 or 3 good starting pitchers behind Scherzer & Stras for $300-400 million than to overpay for Harper.

His price tag is coming down due to his (lack of) performance.

16 hours ago, Woz said:

Bryce is gone. This season will simply solidify it for him. It seems pretty clear he doesn't like it here. Unless he turns it around and mashes the second half, he's going to sign some one year, prove it deal somewhere else. Or some deal with a player opt out after the first season.

Edited by Slateman
  • Like 2