Off-Topic: The WORLD CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread

turtle28

11 hours ago, lavar703 said:

To be fair, they would’ve swept the Mets if Davey didn’t bungle the bullpen the whole series. 

Or if Doolittle didn't blow a few games. I love the guy but he's been falling apart since  the All-Star break. They should give him a rest and use Strickland as the set up guy and Hudson as closer for a week to give Doolittle a break.

Edited by turtle28

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Or if Doolittle didn't blow a few games. I love the guy but he's been falling apart since  the All-Star break. They should give him a rest and use Strickland as the state up and Hudson as closer for a week to give Doolittle a break.

I mean, Davey is pitching him into the ground so...

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, Davey is pitching him into the ground so...

Davey had to overuse Doolittle before the trade deadline bc Rizzo & the Lerner’s gave Davey a trash bullpen. You can blame Davey for numerous things, you can't blame him for the bullpen.

Edited by turtle28

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Davey had to overuse Doolittle before the trade deadline bc Rizzo & the Lerner’s gave Davey a trash bullpen. You can blame Davey for numerous things, you can't blame him for the bullpen.

You can blame Rizzo and you can absolutely blame Davey for his baffling usage at times. 

9 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

You can blame Rizzo and you can absolutely blame Davey for his baffling usage at times. 

Not in terms of the closer IMO. Who else did the Nats have would close before trading for Hudson & Strickland?

No one, and that's not Davey’s fault. Sadly, he was forced to overuse Doolittle but now he doesn't have to, so if give him some time off.

5 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Going to the game tonight for the Corbin bobblehead.  I'll be going to the Rendon one in September, so I'll have come away with the normal bobbleheads for the year (Soto, Turner, Eaton, Corbin and Rendon.)  I missed the Doolittle Jedi giveaway, and the Zimmerman Marvel one.  

Zimmerman? He's still on the team? Jk 😂 

18 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Not in terms of the closer IMO. Who else did the Nats have would close before trading for Hudson & Strickland?

No one, and that's not Davey’s fault. Sadly, he was forced to overuse Doolittle but now he doesn't have to, so if give him some time off.

Not just the usage of doo doo. Usage period. That’s what I was referring to.