Jags to sign Nick Foles

vike daddy

51 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Aren't the Buccs still all-in on Winston?

Yeah by all accounts.  I like him in Jax too though as a Foles fan, him to Tampa was in the back of my mind last year.  Jax being the next team I wanted him to go to.  We saw what he could do with a dominant d and strong running game.

Any chance DJ Chark blows up or is that all hype?  I figure he’s gotta at least be better than Riley Cooper as a big downfield presence.

27 minutes ago, KellChippy said:

Yeah by all accounts.  I like him in Jax too though as a Foles fan, him to Tampa was in the back of my mind last year.  Jax being the next team I wanted him to go to.  We saw what he could do with a dominant d and strong running game.

Any chance DJ Chark blows up or is that all hype?  I figure he’s gotta at least be better than Riley Cooper as a big downfield presence.

He had a rough go at it as a rookie but flashed here and there prior to getting IR'd.

16 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

He had a rough go at it as a rookie but flashed here and there prior to getting IR'd.

I dont even know what flashes you mean. I hardly remember anything good and even made some poor catch attempts too after a great camp. Feel like his confidence was shaken from the 1st drop and never recovered 

18 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I dont even know what flashes you mean. I hardly remember anything good and even made some poor catch attempts too after a great camp. Feel like his confidence was shaken from the 1st drop and never recovered 

He was able to show some separation at times and had a couple nice catches in the Eagles game I felt like.

He got legit snaps in like 5-6 games. 

Definitely wasn't great overall but I still think he has potential. Hard to break through with how Blake played too. Even Dede who flashed quite a bit had a hard time showing out with the situation he was in. Wasn't exactly receiver friendly.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

He was able to show some separation at times and had a couple nice catches in the Eagles game I felt like. 

I thought so too.  That’s too bad he didn’t do much else outside of that game.  Maybe they take one of those sub 4.4 guys in the draft.

13 hours ago, Danger said:

~$18M per on a 3 year deal with the 3rd year being an easy out for Jacksonville.

In what world does Sam Bradford get 20M , Alex Smith get 23M and SB MVP Nick Foles not? I mean Bortles got 18M for godsake???

4 yr 90M, with 44-46 Guaranteed. So basically a 2 yr (FT type #) prove it deal. It will be over 20 on average without a doubt. It's the going rate. 

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

In what world does Sam Bradford get 20M , Alex Smith get 23M and SB MVP Nick Foles not? I mean Bortles got 18M for godsake???

4 yr 90M, with 44-46 Guaranteed. So basically a 2 yr (FT type #) prove it deal. It will be over 20 on average without a doubt. It's the going rate. 

You're not wrong but it seems like several reports are saying that we are basically bidding against ourselves so while his value when there are multiple interested teams with a decent amount of cap space it could even go higher than 4 for 90 but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he got less than 20M a year

Also, you and I both know that its baffling that Bradford ever got a contract half that size after his rookie deal ran out

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

You're not wrong but it seems like several reports are saying that we are basically bidding against ourselves so while his value when there are multiple interested teams with a decent amount of cap space it could even go higher than 4 for 90 but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he got less than 20M a year

Also, you and I both know that its baffling that Bradford ever got a contract half that size after his rookie deal ran out

While all this may be true, Low balling him for the sake of low balling him with the assumption  it's a foregone  conclusion would ba a mistake.

Jags FO were content paying a scrub like Bortles 18m, giving the same to Foles doesn't  scream, Nick's our Guy to me!. The player to take us over the hump? The difference from pi$$ poor QB play to potential  great?

Fact is the going rate for even a below average to average  "FQB" is supposedly  between  18-23M. Proved by non other then Bortles and Smith. The Jags themselves set that standard/market! No reason to think Foles won't  be towards the latter of that Pay Scale.

I think 4 for 90 is the starting point. Once again the overall number means absolutely  nothing!!!! Its the Guaranteed portion consisting of a two year total that matters. In the end this will be a 2 yr guaranteed prove it FT # type deal, not 4 not 5.

Toliet paper contracts!

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

While all this may be true, Low balling him for the sake of low balling him with the assumption  it's a foregone  conclusion would ba a mistake.

Jags FO were content paying a scrub like Bortles 18m, giving the same to Foles doesn't  scream, Nick's our Guy to me!. The player to take us over the hump? The difference from pi$$ poor QB play to potential  great?

Fact is the going rate for even a below average to average  "FQB" is supposedly  between  18-23M. Proved by non other then Bortles and Smith. The Jags themselves set that standard/market! No reason to think Foles won't  be towards the latter of that Pay Scale.

I think 4 for 90 is the starting point. Once again the overall number means absolutely  nothing!!!! Its the Guaranteed portion consisting of a two year total that matters. In the end this will be a 2 yr guaranteed prove it FT # type deal, not 4 not 5.

Toliet paper contracts!

We didnt set that market though. Guys like Kaep and Dalton were making close to that long before we extended Bortles

Youre right we shouldnt low ball him but lets be honest if we offered him something they can counter but if no one else is really in the market then why would we pony up as much as we’re willing to pay at first?

7 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Or maybe it means that they overspent on a guy no one else wanted because they bought in on a small sample size and aren’t doing it again the very next season.

10 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Toliet paper contracts!

I think you are quite high on your estimate here. 

We'll see I guess.

17 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I think you are quite high on your estimate here. 

We'll see I guess.

So in other words Foles made a mistake opting out of the $20M he was guaranteed by the Eagles or whichever club he was traded too?

Everyone keeps assuming Foles has no other options? Once again the APY or Length doesn't  matter, the Guaranteed  portion does. Be shocked if it's not 40+ (2 yrs worth Guaranteed basically), shocked.

Archived