Washington Free Agency 2019

lavar703

16 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

So is Cousins. Yet, you have no problem bringing him up ad nauseum. If you don't want others bringing up ex-Redskins, then don't do the same.

Cousins gets brung up because he got 84 million guaranteed and couldn't even get his team to the playoffs, Not because he is a former Redskin. I'm glad they didnt give him that deal and would've damn sure prefered to have traded him. 

2 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

Bottom line is they need to free up some money. Unless Collins is going to double dip at WR/ LG/ EDGE/ MLB this team still has to add players and they have like 15 bucks to do it. 

Cuts and/or restructures are likely on the way.  

Just now, Skins212689 said:

Cousins gets brung uo because he got 84 million guaranteed and couldn't even get his team to the playoffs, Not because he is a former Redskin. I'm glad they didnt give him that deal and would've damn sure prefered to have traded him. 

Collins just got $84 mil and he couldn't get the Giants to the playoffs.  

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

Cousins gets brung up because he got 84 million guaranteed and couldn't even get his team to the playoffs, Not because he is a former Redskin. I'm glad they didnt give him that deal and would've damn sure prefered to have traded him. 

Does't matter why. @MKnight82 brought up DJ doing the same job for less $ and you said he was irrelevant. 

If one is, both are.

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

No need to worry. Apparently since we don't do the Redskins contracts, we have no business worrying about how they spend the cap $$

If we did they’d be in better shape. 

Can’t believe how the safety market shook out. Collins, Mathieu and Vaccaro got great money for corners! Great individually for those guys. Only reason I can think of as to why is it isn’t a great corner market 

Time to cut and trade

josh norman

zack brown

mason foster

chris thompson

stacy mcgee

vernon davis

saves 26.55 mil

last big signing C.J. Mosely

then go with cheap depth signings and save for the draft.

draft Greedy Williams in the 1st or trade back for Byron Murphey or Deandre Baker. Hell I like Trayvon Mullen and Michael Jackson in the 2nd and 3rd rounds as well.

get Mosely and build the rest in the draft

1 minute ago, bigdog44 said:

If we did they’d be in better shape. 

Can’t believe how the safety market shook out. Collins, Mathieu and Vaccaro got great money for corners! Great individually for those guys. Only reason I can think of as to why is it isn’t a great corner market 

Yeah, I mean for those guys, it's great. Make as much as you can from teams that will pay you that $$. I just can't believe how it shook out. It's still an undervalued position when you look at what the 32 teams pay for it.

7 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

Bottom line is they need to free up some money. Unless Collins is going to double dip at WR/ LG/ EDGE/ MLB this team still has to add players and they have like 15 bucks to do it. 

Guess you cant get those players in the draft huh? I believe they can. Free agency over? No, it just started today. Also meaning they have time to add other pieces. 

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

Guess you cant get those players in the draft huh? I believe they can. Free agency over? No, it just started today. Also meaning they have time to add other pieces. 

Your expecting them to get starters with thier first 4-5 picks? This team!!! Cmon

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Reread the post and maybe you'll understand what I meant. 

I did... 

To your reader it appears that you are arguing that he is irrelevant because we let him go. We also let Cousins go. 

And you followed up with "what does that have to do with now? Nothing"

30 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Did he let Sweriger go? So why are you even saying this. Sweriger is irrelevant right now. Of course it would've been great to have kept him (and many Spoke those words when he was let go) So what does that have to do with now? Nothing.

actually very smart by the skins Collins only gets 4 mil this coming season and then his contract goes up in the year we can cut Smith and use the insurance policy! They actually did their homework for one. Now make the trades or cuts and get Mosley and call it a day!

11 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Time? Sure

How much cap is left? That is to be determined.

2 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

actually very smart by the skins Collins only gets 4 mil this coming season and then his contract goes up in the year we can cut Smith and use the insurance policy! They actually did their homework for one. Now make the trades or cuts and get Mosley and call it a day!

Yeah, THIS is encouraging then. I still don't like how much $$ it's for over 3 years and especially in years 2 and 3. But the timing may work out to not be as bad of an impact. We will see though. 

Again, like the player. Wanted him here. These follow up reports are looking better.

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah, THIS is encouraging then. I still don't like how much $$ it's for over 3 years and especially in years 2 and 3. But the timing may work out to not be as bad of an impact. We will see though. 

Again, like the player. Wanted him here. These follow up reports are looking better.

Read the link

Archived