Free Agency

Johnny Nix

12 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Burfict was signed in like a day after he was cut.  Dennard is still sitting around hoping to get signed.  I'm guessing someone overvalued their worth in FA.  He'll probably need to sign a one-year prove it deal if he's not signed soon...

Still running off that first round status. I think he still signs off somewhere. 

16 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Burfict was signed in like a day after he was cut.  Dennard is still sitting around hoping to get signed.  I'm guessing someone overvalued their worth in FA.  He'll probably need to sign a one-year prove it deal if he's not signed soon...

Pretty much.

Dennard has kind of screwed himself.  Then again, a 1 year prove it might be in his best interest long term anyway.  If he can find a place that will start him on the outside.

12 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Yeah, I doubt he returns to the Bengals. Once he drops his price, he'll have suitors. He's a good slot coverage corner and above average run defender for a CB.

I'd say he's an average slot corner (maybe above average) and a great run defender.  

But yeah, he'll have suitors.

At this point, it may be in his best interest to hang around until after the draft.  See who still needs a corner.

2 hours ago, theJ said:

I'd say he's an average slot corner (maybe above average) and a great run defender.  

But yeah, he'll have suitors.

At this point, it may be in his best interest to hang around until after the draft.  See who still needs a corner.

He should sign before the draft. If his market is 0 teams at 10 mil and say 5 teams at 6 mil, he'd be wise to sign first. Once a team has spent even a 4th round pick on a CB, they won't bump a rookie for a vet. 

17 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

He should sign before the draft. If his market is 0 teams at 10 mil and say 5 teams at 6 mil, he'd be wise to sign first. Once a team has spent even a 4th round pick on a CB, they won't bump a rookie for a vet. 

If he's getting offers for 1 year, 6 mil, then yeah.  But if he truly feels his value is 10 mil, and he's getting offers for 3/4 years, 6 mil per, then he may be more wise to wait for a desperate team.

What i think really happens though is that he gets an offer for 1 or 2 years, somewhere between 5-7 mil/year, and takes it.  Before the draft.

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

I'm happy he's back.  I didn't think we had a shot after we re-signed Webb.  Glad he's back with the team, can never have enough CBs...

same here

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

Surprising he returned. Got to be a punch in the gut to not be worth what you think you are. 

I would love to get that punch in the gut.  3 for 21