Here is another of the Wire's UDFA highlights. IMO Mark Fields has starting CB potential. He came up big in the National Championship game against Alabama, SO Why he went undrafted is a mystery. I figured someone would throw a late pick at him in spite of the limited playing time.
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/30/kansas-city-chiefs-undrafted-free-agent-spotlight-clemson-cb-mark-fields/

He fits in well with the Chiefs annual cadre of elite ST talents. Fields is a prototypical gunner in punt and KO coverage. He also has the length and speed to play both inside and outside in coverage. IMO he makes the 53 as ST/CB. The question is how much time he gets in regular action.

J

Good luck to AB.

He was drafted the same round as Justin Houston. That was a good third round.

J

Here we go - mini camp fallout:

That leaves 3 open slots for now, considering the Jalin Burrell release yesterday.

15 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Here we go - mini camp fallout:

That leaves 3 open slots for now, considering the Jalin Burrell release yesterday.

Was hoping GJ would stick around longer, guy was a missile at UT

I'm sorry to see Johnson go, but the team already has Do'D and Lee. If Hitchens is the base defense WLB Johnson has no position. 

Another story worth watching is Jack Fox. This is the first time I can remember that Colquitt will have to work for his job, assuming he keeps it. Fox will not be easy to beat.
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/12/kansas-city-chiefs-undrafted-free-agent-spotlight-rice-p-jack-fox/

J

Chiefs swapped a few players after minicamp:

out:

Senior, Justin (OT)
Williams, James (RB)
Johnson, Gary (LB)

in:

Beecham, Abdul (OG)
Caldwell, Josh (FB)
Hines, D'Juan (LB)

Positionwise it's a one-for-one swap. A guy I think is interesting is Caldwell. Listed as FB, but ran the ball a lot in college. And he claims to be good at catching. Too short as H-Back, but as a power back?