Free Agency

TedLavie

NBC Sports Bay Area's Scott Bair reports the Raiders have shown interest in free agent DE Markus Golden.

NFL Network's Terez Paylor reports the Chiefs are also in the mix. Golden had a down 2018 coming off an ACL tear, but he recorded 12.5 sacks as a sophomore in 2016. A one-year, prove-it deal which allows Golden to hit free agency again next year makes a lot of sense

16 hours ago, valkrei said:

DT was the saddest day.

I was a child at the time and had no idea what football was.

48 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

NBC Sports Bay Area's Scott Bair reports the Raiders have shown interest in free agent DE Markus Golden.

NFL Network's Terez Paylor reports the Chiefs are also in the mix. Golden had a down 2018 coming off an ACL tear, but he recorded 12.5 sacks as a sophomore in 2016. A one-year, prove-it deal which allows Golden to hit free agency again next year makes a lot of sense

Isn't Golden a poor man version of Dee Ford? I don't see the fit here

Chiefs agreed to terms with DE Alex Okafor on a three-year contract.

Per NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, the deal is worth "up to" $24 million. The Chiefs had a need on the outside after flipping franchise player Dee Ford to the 49ers. Coming back from a torn Achilles' tendon last season, Okafor ended up starting all 16 games, registering 4.5 sacks while plugging the run. Okafor is not a star player, but he should provide quality snaps for a defense the Chiefs desperately need to be better.

This will be an exciting season again.

You asked for changes on defense, you got them. From last year's week one starting defense there's only ONE player left (Chris Jones) and none of the coaches. Talk about starting all over .... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KC_Guy said:

You asked for changes on defense, you got them. From last year's week one starting defense there's only ONE player left (Chris Jones) and none of the coaches. Talk about starting all over .... 

I'll definitely take it over the extra year we stuck with Sutton when we shouldn't have. Change isnt necessarily good, but it at least might be.

1 hour ago, KC_Guy said:

Kendall Fuller, Anthony Hitchens, Reggie Ragland are still there. Wasn't Sorensen starting then too? Xavier Williams?

Hopefully we sign Darby, which would make our starting lineups set (could use an upgrade at LB, but I don't see how we get it in FA now)

I'm a bit worried about depth here. We're extremely thin basically everyone aside from QB/secondary. Hope this becomes the point of focus if we indeed get Darby at CB

9 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I'll definitely take it over the extra year we stuck with Sutton when we shouldn't have. Change isnt necessarily good, but it at least might be.

Sutton should have been canned after the Colts playoff game.  The won we lost in one half of football (epic comeback).

Edited by valkrei