Antonio Brown to the Raiders for a 3rd and 5th

Steelers22

10 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Rather than cave into Brown for acting like an idiot?

Absolutely.

I dont think we're caving into him, we're making the best of a bad situation.

Who knows?   Had we waited until after FA or the draft....or even into training camp, teams would get more desperate and we couldve at least gotten more value that way.

If we didnt....keep him.   If he refuses to play, so be it.....he doesnt get paid.    If he kept causing problems, they could suspend him.

Out of those two options, I would rather have a 3rd and 5th round pick as oppose to having someone we could very well be suspending this year.

Who cares?  We got next to nothing for him anyway.     Id rather not get much for him and stand up to his antics than cave in like cowards because they are afraid of how much he might talk on social media.

Colbert is a terrible GM.   Time to face facts.   

A 3rd and a 5th rounder is nothing???

• Like 1

Hey Pittsburgh fans, was wondering if I can get a run down on Brown? Obv the best route runner I have ever witnessed outside of Rice and his agility is bar none. Plus really smart guy. 

Can he be a massive deep threat? I’m debating if we should draft a deep threat WR or an outside possession guy. 

Is Brown better in the slot or the outside?

Thanks. 

Edited by BayRaider

Jesus Christ....couldn’t even get their 2nd.

Colbert better show some testicular fortitude and go get 2 starters in FA.

Holes as of now...#2-3 WR....#2 TE...CB...ILB...Future Edge...Future CB...K...P...S depth.

Pathetic.

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Hey Pittsburgh fans, was wondering if I can get a run down on Brown? Obv the best route runner I have ever witnessed outside of Rice and his agility is bar none. Plus really smart guy. 

Can he be a massive deep threat? I’m debating if we should draft a deep threat WR or an outside possession guy. 

Is Brown better in the slot or the outside?

Thanks. 

The answer to those is yes.  He can play inside or outside.  He can play possession or deep threat.  On the field you are getting one hell of a player.

The issue is the first part of that last sentence: On the field.  What are you getting off the field is the big risk of this deal.

Pencil my name in for a seat the next time the Colbert hate bus comes by. 

This is an epic failure. Ed Bouchette is the only person happy in Pittsburgh right now. Letting that guy walk all over you and dictate every term then flipping him for pick 61? 

Colbert needs to have a Colts 2018 like draft. 

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

Pencil my name in for a seat the next time the Colbert hate bus comes by. 

This is an epic failure. Ed Bouchette is the only person happy in Pittsburgh right now. Letting that guy walk all over you and dictate every term then flipping him for pick 61? 

Colbert needs to have a Colts 2018 like draft. 

giphy.gif

Also this needs to be more like the 71 draft.

Edited by warfelg
  • Like 2

The return we got for Brown is terrible. Lets be honest.

Coobert said multiple times he wanted a 1st round pick. The Bills i bet were giving up a 2nd +.

Then we settle for a 3rd and 5th to a location AB made it clear he DID want to go to (not that i give a crap about that). Colbert failed at least in part here.

Having said that, Oakland is a terrible team and AB isnt going to make them a playoff team. In glad AB is gone, im glad we got something out of him. If Colbert doesnt hit on every pick in the first 3 rounds and especially with the ones he got in the AB deal, he needs to go.

Im personally sick of seeing Ben get extensions. Hr has definitely declined, last season proved that. Im sick of watching him fail at being a leader. Its time to move the hell on. I get it, we dont have the QB of the future but thats on Colbert and if Ben were to be somewhere else people would start to truly realize how much he has been slacking as a GM.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Im personally sick of seeing Ben get extensions. Hr has definitely declined, last season proved that. Im sick of watching him fail at being a leader. Its time to move the hell on. I get it, we dont have the QB of the future but thats on Colbert and if Ben were to be somewhere else people would start to truly realize how much he has been slacking as a GM.

Disagree.  Ben is still our best chance at anything.