Official FIRE KEVIN COLBERT Thread

43M

1 hour ago, Money said:

I couldn't have said it better myself. But wouldn't change start with Tomlin. Colbert has done better than any GM they have had

Colbert hasnt done anything worthwhile in years as a GM except maybe draft WRs well.    

They can fire everyone for all I care.      They are all incompetent.     The only one on the coaching staff that I had much faith in up and went to Denver.

Just burn it to the ground.    Its already a dumpster fire.

16 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

This dude is a coward

[removed]

Ill still post here to laugh at them as the continue running this team into the ground.    At this point, I seriously doubt I watch the draft or any of the games in 2019.     Call me liar....we will see.    Like I said....between everything else going on with the NFL, my interest was already waning....and as of right now, I have no desire to watch this team going forward.   Not until major changes are made.

And for those of you who will claim Im overreacting or acting like the sky is falling....Im actually extremely calm as I type this.     If my emotions were running wild right now, I might believe that I am going to come down off this rage filled rant....but no.   I am completely level headed right now, and I still feel this way.   I want this team to completely start over....unfortunately, Art II is an idiot too, so it might never get better until he steps away.

Flame on.

Well you know, I'm right there with you to an extent, and was even telling a coworker the other day that I might just quit watching sports completely due to being so disgusted so often.  I don't know about not watching any, but my interest has definitely wanted due to the political garbage and the protesting and the majority of the players being scum for various reasons including the politics and protests.  My affinity for the Steelers started waning as soon as they hired Tomlin, a political statement in itself.  It had nothing to do with qualifications and everything to do with politics and making a statement.  Every year that loser has been here the team got less and less disciplined.  That's on him.  Period.  Then they campaigned for Obama, another strike against them.  Big time.  I don't care what their politics are, until they use my team to push their agenda.  So the off field stuff was bad enough.

Then as soon as Tomlin and Colbert took over, without Cowher's influence, the drafting went into the crapper from day 1.  Cowher's roster and LeBeau kept things afloat for a while, but they don't know how to draft and develop anything but skills positions it seems.  And those skills positions usually turn into prima-donna scum that leave for money.  So what does the team have left?  A team right at .500.  With a HOF QB's career almost completely wasted.  

So the first thing they need to do is get rid of Tomlin.  Talented roster or not, it's undisciplined and it led to the best RB and best WR in the entire league leaving, essentially for NOTHING.  You have to make changes from the top.  Tomlin is the top, since the owner isn't leaving, and Colbert has nothing to do with discipline.  This team has a lot of talented players but an equal number of busts.  The good players on this team are getting old too, so if they don't start drafting a lot better, and coaching/keeping the good players, they'll be the new Browns before long.  

Exceptional/key players on the team (with age this coming season):

Roethlisberger 37
Villanueva 31
Pouncey 30
DeCastro 29
JuJu 23
McDonald 29

Tuitt 26
Heyward 30
Watt 25
Shazier?? 27
Haden 30

So you have a whopping 3 players that I consider to be exceptional or good and play key positions, that are 26 or younger this season.  Everyone else is 29+.  It's safe to say they really drove this roster straight into the crapper.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

How is conner not on that list?

I debated putting him on there.  I like him more than most, but right now he's merely good, not great.  He's not yet an "exceptional, pro bowl caliber back", and RB sure isn't a key position that's hard to replace.  You could probably draft a 3rd round RB in every draft that would replace him.  Miles Sanders this year for example.  

8 minutes ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

I debated putting him on there.  I like him more than most, but right now he's merely good, not great.  He's not yet an "exceptional, pro bowl caliber back", and RB sure isn't a key position that's hard to replace.  You could probably draft a 3rd round RB in every draft that would replace him.  Miles Sanders this year for example.  

Id love to see us draft miles sanders. I think Conner, Sanders, and Samuels would be a nice mix.

if colbert wants to save his job, let dupree walk and sign Houston. Go to a 4-3 if you must, sign him if the price is near $10M because he was getting healthy and still has it. 

Mayock : you have robbed the steelers enough, don't even think of it. Of course Gruden knows all about Houston AND needs a passrusher . Everything is falling into place for the Raiders. 

12 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Here is the bigger issue. We all know all of the things Colbert has said this entire time through this process and then caved to a player and another teams poor offer. He has killed his own credibility and negotiating power. As a GM he has made himself virtually powerless imo.

can you imagine other gms and agents salivating at the opportunity to trade or work on a contract with us now?

players on this team now now how to behave if they want a new contract or team too

33 minutes ago, August4th said:

going to be interesting to see how this AB situation impacts the next CBA.

I’m interested how it impacts everything. We are clearly the laughing stock right now...but every player in the league just went “damn, it worked!” 

That actually should have been an owner to owner negotiating tactic. Do you really want all the players winning with these tactics and leaving us with scraps? 

6 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I’m interested how it impacts everything. We are clearly the laughing stock right now...but every player in the league just went “damn, it worked!” 

That actually should have been an owner to owner negotiating tactic. Do you really want all the players winning with these tactics and leaving us with scraps? 

owners vs players will be the sports story of 2021 imo.. expecting it to get way uglier than it ever did back around 2011 ..oh and we have the social media element thrown in to lol

6 minutes ago, August4th said:

owners vs players will be the sports story of 2021 imo.. expecting it to get way uglier than it ever did back around 2011 ..oh and we have the social media element thrown in to lol

Football and basketball in the same year. Not sure about baseball. Strange to say hockey is the most stable major sport right now. 

FWIW this absolutely will be solved. Owners will concede something on franchise tags to get this solved. I’ve long suggested kill the exclusive and transition tags. One tag that allows other teams to negotiate with your guy. Either you can match the offer or you get a 1st and 2nd in return. A RFA for any round but the 1st. In exchange give the players minimum 3 years guaranteed on contracts greater than 3 years. 

52 minutes ago, August4th said:

going to be interesting to see how this AB situation impacts the next CBA.

Both Bell and Brown cases  will have an impact on the next CBA. I am anticipating possibly a missed season if the players really decide to prepare themselves this time around

Archived