Raiders acquire WR Antonio Brown for a 3rd and 5th pick

agarcia34

One of the constants in the Pitt drama is AB so we do not know how much of it is him and how his attitude will effect our team.  His passion, anger, chip could all have a positive uplifting effect or could be the fuse to make the locker room implode.  I love the talent but but a team that is young, high turnover, and with out an established star (Sorry but until Carr gets back on track he is not in this category) a player like AB is a huge risk.  Listening to AB in interviews makes me believe his sense of reality is a little off.  I am hoping for the best but if the team goes 8-8 us fans might look back and see the season as a success but AB will not.  Hopefully he will see it as a challenge and get motivated to help his team improve and not look to throw his team under the bus when Pitts fans and/or players start talking trash.  He is creating a situation for him to win we have to be better than Pitt and AB has to out produce JuJu.  I do not think we are there yet.

Well this is part of the reason u got him for a 3rd so you take this so you can get his production on the field. It’s when he starts to decline in production is when this is wear old. I don’t like it but it’s April and hopefully all this will fire him up and has his best season of his career.

Also if you watch Browns recent interviews he tends to skip a lot of words and also mumbles. It’s like listening to a child. 

His old interviews he talks like a normal adult man. 

I really think we might discover way in the future Brown has some severe CTE going on. 

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Also if you watch Browns recent interviews he tends to skip a lot of words and also mumbles. It’s like listening to a child. 

His old interviews he talks like a normal adult man. 

I really think we might discover way in the future Brown has some severe CTE going on. 

Well he can thank his teammate, Trashcan Burficit, for that. But that is water under the bridge, right?

2 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Well he can thank his teammate, Trashcan Burficit, for that. But that is water under the bridge, right?

Yeah had a couple Steeler fans tell me his diva actions and change of speech started after that hit coincidentally..

22 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Well this is part of the reason u got him for a 3rd so you take this so you can get his production on the field. It’s when he starts to decline in production is when this is wear old. I don’t like it but it’s April and hopefully all this will fire him up and has his best season of his career.

With all the importance we put on this stuff in social media, we have to still be realistic about what the real affect it has on the team. At this point I don't think it has any. I don't think anyone in the lockerroom or the front office came into this thinking AB was a saint. I can still go to war with someone I don't like personally. I don't have to go to dinner with him. I can still learn from his on field practices and not buy into his antics in his phone.

Now this is the off season so when the contact is stepped up we'll see how this develops when the added media pressure is added.

35 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah had a couple Steeler fans tell me his diva actions and change of speech started after that hit coincidentally..

Yeah, it's not a mystery. It's documented science.

Hard hits to the head can change you. Your personality, your emotional stability, mental sharpness, your memory recall and increases your risk for degenerative brain diseases.

Edited by NightTrainLane

8 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

With all the importance we put on this stuff in social media, we have to still be realistic about what the real affect it has on the team. At this point I don't think it has any. I don't think anyone in the lockerroom or the front office came into this thinking AB was a saint. I can still go to war with someone I don't like personally. I don't have to go to dinner with him. I can still learn from his on field practices and not buy into his antics in his phone.

Now this is the off season so when the contact is stepped up we'll see how this develops when the added media pressure is added.

Good statement here and I agree with your overall post. Hanging out with co-workers is definitely not necessary and as long as you get along at the job you’re fine.

19 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Beastmode...oh...I mean Marshawn Lynch laid the template to cash in on the fanbase.

Hop on social media, make some noise, coin a phrase, put it on a t-shirt.

I don't care about any of that.  Just posting it for those who don't follow twitter.  I believe I read someone saying he was playing against Cal DBs.  Don't really care either way.  Just keeping the offseason moving.  Looking forward to him breaking the ankles of every DB in the AFC West (other than the Raider's of course).

45 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I don't care about any of that.  Just posting it for those who don't follow twitter.  I believe I read someone saying he was playing against Cal DBs.  Don't really care either way.  Just keeping the offseason moving.  Looking forward to him breaking the ankles of every DB in the AFC West (other than the Raider's of course).

I'm just commenting on it. On a forum. Finding potential context in information.

None of us should care about ABs next shirt. That was the other point of my comment. And like you said, if he produces and helps us win then that is the focus this year.

• Like 1