Raiders acquire WR Antonio Brown for a 3rd and 5th pick

agarcia34

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

We all know DC doesn't leave the pocket hardly ever

I swear Todd Downing, just got into Carrs head with the whole, just play for the next play / set of downs. 

Carr has become way to safe, some of the sacks he takes are laughable. And I am a huge Carr homer.

Gruden needs to show Carr the clips of Ben moving in the pocket and his pumps, and how it allows AB to put in a double move and open up the secondary.

Its not rocket science, the QB has to be able to move around. Its why Gruden loved Gannon. If it was 3rd and 8, amd you can run for 8 just go get the first down.

Carr stopped running after our 12-3 season. I know a lot is because of his injuries. But i think more so was Downing ans his conservative crap offense.

Not expecting Carr to ever move in the pocket like rodgers or big Ben, but ive seen Brady make more happen with his feet which is a joke. Carr is an athletic guy, Gruden needs to get Carr back to that mindset.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I swear Todd Downing, just got into Carrs head with the whole, just play for the next play / set of downs. 

Carr has become way to safe, some of the sacks he takes are laughable. And I am a huge Carr homer.

Gruden needs to show Carr the clips of Ben moving in the pocket and his pumps, and how it allows AB to put in a double move and open up the secondary.

Its not rocket science, the QB has to be able to move around. Its why Gruden loved Gannon. If it was 3rd and 8, amd you can run for 8 just go get the first down.

Carr stopped running after our 12-3 season. I know a lot is because of his injuries. But i think more so was Downing ans his conservative crap offense.

Not expecting Carr to ever move in the pocket like rodgers or big Ben, but ive seen Brady make more happen with his feet which is a joke. Carr is an athletic guy, Gruden needs to get Carr back to that mindset.

Between this and throwing up floaters off his back foot, It really concerns me going forward. He needs to have a Renaissance type season 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Between this and throwing up floaters off his back foot, It really concerns me going forward. He needs to have a Renaissance type season 

agreed.
the floaters, and his deep balls that he just throws 4 feet out of bounds. 
I get that the sideline is the safest spot, as its much less likely for a CB to do a toe drag, but he doesnt even give our WR a chance. 

I love Carr, but these are three huge things he needs to work on. 
Also his time management is pretty crappy as well, so many wasted timeouts. 

Hopefully AB can help with that, as the Steelers are IMO the deadliest team with under 2 mins in the half/ game in recent history

You hear Mayock and Gruden talk about how hard of a worker AB is, and that's cool and all. But I suggest you guys follow him on IG. The dude is literally working out hours and hours a day. Lifting weights, doing sprinting drills, jumping work, massages, etc. It's amazing. He's going to stay in awesome playing shape until he's 60.

Edited by RaidersAreOne

On 3/26/2019 at 12:03 PM, big_palooka said:

He started driving more balls late last year. I think we saw someone getting comfortable with trash around him. This year's supporting cast will be far from trash. I'm expecting big things from my boy DC. He's going to light it up IMO.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He started driving more balls late last year. I think we saw someone getting comfortable with trash around him. This year's supporting cast will be far from trash. I'm expecting big things from my boy DC. He's going to light it up IMO.

It would shut the haters up. Think anyone would admit they were wrong?

• Like 1

It all starts with the line with Carr. If he has good protection he'll pick you apart. If it's less than ideal protection he will struggle. That was his knock coming in to the league and it hasn't changed the 5 years he's been a pro. And you know what, I am fine with that. You could do A LOT worse than Carr and I'd happily roll with him this year and see what he's got before likely moving on next season. 

He's not a top tier QB and never will be but I'd gladly take him over a lot of other QBs.

6 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

It all starts with the line with Carr. If he has good protection he'll pick you apart. If it's less than ideal protection he will struggle. That was his knock coming in to the league and it hasn't changed the 5 years he's been a pro. And you know what, I am fine with that. You could do A LOT worse than Carr and I'd happily roll with him this year and see what he's got before likely moving on next season. 

He's not a top tier QB and never will be but I'd gladly take him over a lot of other QBs.

I don't think we can say this. He's been surrounded by dysfunction by so long. This will be his first chance at growth/continuity. 

Also most qb's in the league will struggle with bottom 5 protection like last year. I thought he started to work within the pocket better last year.

On 3/29/2019 at 3:38 PM, NightTrainLane said:

He tried to get good at it but Amari kept dropping them.

Hard to hold onto the ball when you are unconscious or think you are about to be.  It is funny that people give Carr a pass when it comes to being scared after injuries but not Cooper having focus issues after Carr almost got him decapitated a few times.

55 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Hard to hold onto the ball when you are unconscious or think you are about to be.  It is funny that people give Carr a pass when it comes to being scared after injuries but not Cooper having focus issues after Carr almost got him decapitated a few times.

We gave Coop a pass the first few times and those had nothing to do with a hit. That one that got him concussed was the hot route and Carr tried to keep the pass low, just got too low. Poor throw indeed but  Coop had dropped plenty of passes before that one.