Raiders acquire WR Antonio Brown for a 3rd and 5th pick

agarcia34

5 minutes ago, NickButera said:

@Frankie2Gunz  Just what we were talking about the other day right? Impressive. 

@NickButera Exactly what we were talking about!  We have a pretty good grip on what is going on :D

When you land hard working, well respected, elite players like AB good players want to follow.  I really like the moves the Raiders have made but we still have a way to go.  A few more quality FA signings and if we can nail the draft we are well on our way to respectability. 

I would love to see us somehow land a well rounded back via FA or through the draft.  That could put this O in the upper echelon of the NFL.  I'm just not sure who is left in FA who can fit that role.   

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

@NickButera Exactly what we were talking about!  We have a pretty good grip on what is going on :D

When you land hard working, well respected, elite players like AB good players want to follow.  I really like the moves the Raiders have made but we still have a way to go.  A few more quality FA signings and if we can nail the draft we are well on our way to respectability. 

I would love to see us somehow land a well rounded back via FA or through the draft.  That could put this O in the upper echelon of the NFL.  I'm just not sure who is left in FA who can fit that role.   

At this point I'd rather draft a back at 27 or 35. Take a flier. RB is that position where your odds at nabbing an elite back in the 2nd are better than other positions. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I'll tell you this. Brown's press conference, he was cool and calm. No Blonde mustache, He looks ready to go. His crazy social media tour was so out of character, looks like he had an agenda and it worked. 

Still need a a lot of work on the front seven.

Yea I liked what he had to say. We need more alphas like him. He will have a positive impact on the locker room esp the wr core. He looked comfortable and gruden is crazy for having every ab clip known to man lol. Still can’t believe we got ab for a 3rd and 5th I thought he was out of our league but mike may and gruden has pull.

59 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Yea I liked what he had to say. We need more alphas like him. He will have a positive impact on the locker room esp the wr core. He looked comfortable and gruden is crazy for having every ab clip known to man lol. Still can’t believe we got ab for a 3rd and 5th I thought he was out of our league but mike may and gruden has pull.

I think we have to tip our cap to Mayock. Thus far he seems very measuredIn his approach. Not getting too emotionally involved in certain players and letting things come to him.

Proving to be a good counterbalance to Gruden. So far very positive view of the front office. The draft Is next, excited to see how that plays out.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Well put. What it all adds up to is Carr will have no more excuses. Is that how it works NTL? xD

NoExcuses.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I think we have to tip our cap to Mayock. Thus far he seems very measuredIn his approach. Not getting too emotionally involved in certain players and letting things come to him.

Proving to be a good counterbalance to Gruden. So far very positive view of the front office. The draft Is next, excited to see how that plays out.

Reggie who?

37 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Fwiw, it sounds as though Mayock was the guy doing the negotiating with the Steelers and AB. I love the work MM is doing.

Mayock doing the negotiating, but Gruden as well for backing up his "players dying to play here" statement. He needed an elite player and we sure as hell got one.

Won't gloss over it--Mayock seems built for this role. Al Davis was onto something with him years ago. Cannot wait for the draft.

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

First time seeing this stat and not surprised to see both where AB and JuJu both on there.  Sad to see AB leave the Steelers but real tired of people talking now like it was Ben making AB look good when Ben's been on the decline for a couple years now.  AB's got a clear chip on his shoulder to prove that talk wrong too.