Raiders acquire WR Antonio Brown for a 3rd and 5th pick

agarcia34

1 hour ago, true2form said:

All true, but in the end it comes down to production.  Can AB produce where Coop couldn't?

Carr and Crabtree had a connection and Carr didn't hesitate to throw at him. For whatever reason, he did not have that with Cooper. 

I look at Brown more like Crabtree, a guy who Carr will trust and get the ball too. Cooper just didn't gel with Carr. Splash plays, but very inconsistent overall. 

32 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Carr and Crabtree had a connection and Carr didn't hesitate to throw at him. For whatever reason, he did not have that with Cooper. 

I look at Brown more like Crabtree, a guy who Carr will trust and get the ball too. Cooper just didn't gel with Carr. Splash plays, but very inconsistent overall. 

Cuz every time he threw it to him in a big spot he dropped the friggin ball. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Cooper catches a lot of flack here but he has put up 1,000+ yards in 3/4 seasons. 

Cooper through 4 years

465 targets, 278 receptions (70.1% catch rate), 3,908 yards (14.1 ypc), 25 TD

DeAndre Hopkins through 4 years

561 targets, 317 receptions (56.5% catch rate), 4,487 yards (14.1 ypc), 23 TD 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, FreshPrince said:

Cuz every time he threw it to him in a big spot he dropped the friggin ball. 

Crabtree had alot of drops as well (led the league in drops this past year, as well) so thats not the sole reason for why Coop and Carr never established that chemistry. Maybe their personalities never gelled, who knows but we've seen Coop go on and establish a great connection with another QB. Can Carr do the same with AB

28 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Crabtree had alot of drops as well (led the league in drops this past year, as well) so thats not the sole reason for why Coop and Carr never established that chemistry. Maybe their personalities never gelled, who knows but we've seen Coop go on and establish a great connection with another QB. Can Carr do the same with AB

But Crabtree would catch the game winning touchdowns. Coop would drop 3rd down balls that hit his hands. 

Edit: I do agree that it obviously wasn’t the only factor in their chemistry issues though. 

Edited by FreshPrince

2 hours ago, true2form said:

All true, but in the end it comes down to production.  Can AB produce where Coop couldn't?

If he can't produce when Cooper couldn't then the problem, definitively, is Carr. Because Brown is most definitely a producer. I propose than the issue was Cooper's own inconsistency. And the inconsistency sorta continued with Dallas. 

• Like 1

Just now, holyghost said:

If he can't produce when Cooper couldn't then the problem, definitively, is Carr. Because Brown is most definitely a producer. I propose than the issue was Cooper's own inconsistency. And the inconsistency sorta continued with Dallas. 

Yep... he had two great games in Dallas and inconsistent in the others. Of course two great games and Cowboy fans think he’s a hall of famer.