Raiders acquire WR Antonio Brown for a 3rd and 5th pick

agarcia34

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You think the raiders and the Bills were the only team lobbing of AB?  Not quite...  He wanted to come here bc we have a QB he respects and likes, a coach he has confidence in and because we could pay him.  

You’re real plugged in with ABs camp huh? That’s pretty cool. 

Just now, FreshPrince said:

You’re real plugged in with ABs camp huh? That’s pretty cool. 

I've watching NFL network all day.  Obviously you have zero clue as to what you're talking about.  Some of the teams mentioned who were in talks with AB were GB, Washington and Buffalo.  

I actually do research before I post stuff.  I know that's crazy to most posters but it's true LOL

12 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I've watching NFL network all day.  Obviously you have zero clue as to what you're talking about.  Some of the teams mentioned who were in talks with AB were GB, Washington and Buffalo.  

I actually do research before I post stuff.  I know that's crazy to most posters but it's true LOL

So you’re saying no chance Carr gets traded as long as ab is around 

5 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

So you’re saying no chance Carr gets traded as long as ab is around 

I'm not saying that.  I am saying that Carr is our QB for 2019. 

If all we do is add AB in FA and blow the draft this team will be a disaster.  If that happens I'm sure a lot of the people will blame Carr.  

I'm a Carr fan but until after the draft I don't think Carr is safe. Gruden is a wildcard and the uncertainty sucks. Nobody believed me when I said we could trade Mack. Hell I didn't believe it coming out of my mouth but it happened. Anything can happen.

When the Gruden experiment (hopefully some SB's but) is over I'd really like to build a good team and reestablish loyalty and tradition. We were KNOWN for that in the past and now I feel we've created the growing FA problem with how we handled Mack last season. I don't like the direction of the NFL for a few years now. At least they brought back celebrations...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm using my own eyes, Charile Casserly, Michael Irvin, Drew Rosenhouse and AB's opinion that Carr is a franchise QB.  

So you're boasting and gloating because Charlie Casserly - the guy who ruined any and all credibility he had last week with his bogus and biased reporting, a talking TV head in Michael Irvin who works with Carrs brother on NFL Network, and slimy Drew Rosenhaus and Antonio Brown said what they said about Carr? Lol ok.

I dont care what they say, AB didn't come to Oakland solely to play with a QB who threw only 19 Touchdown passes last year. He came here because we were probably the only team that was willing to rework his deal. You can believe all that other fluff if you want to but that's the main reason he's here. He clearly likes Carr, which is very understandable as Carr is a very likeable guy but we'll see how that translates onto the field. 

Bottom line Carr has no excuses not to play better. I want to hear you admit that.

14 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm not saying that.  I am saying that Carr is our QB for 2019. 

If all we do is add AB in FA and blow the draft this team will be a disaster.  If that happens I'm sure a lot of the people will blame Carr.  

FWIW IMO this was imprinted pretty hard throughout this whole process. I'd be beyond stunned if we got rid of Carr this offseason as every indicator from every party seems to be putting a nail in the coffin to the "Carr is our starter this year". 

-We guaranteed his salary

-Both Coach and GM came out and said he is the franchise QB (not starter, not our QB, but said "franchise QB") pretty succinctly (i know, sometimes political talk)

-Drew R and AB both seemed to include Carr in the discussion when talking about the trade (Which makes me assume there was talks behind the scenes if they feel the need to bring it up)

...and other minute indicators. It's all just smoke really, but where there's smoke there's fire. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

So you're boasting and gloating because Charlie Casserly - the guy who ruined any and all credibility he had last week with his bogus and biased reporting, a talking TV head in Michael Irvin who works with Carrs brother on NFL Network, and slimy Drew Rosenhaus and Antonio Brown said what they said about Carr? Lol ok.

I dont care what they say, AB didn't come to Oakland solely to play with a QB who threw only 19 Touchdown passes last year. He came here because we were probably the only team that was willing to rework his deal. You can believe all that other fluff if you want to but that's the main reason he's here. He clearly likes Carr, which is very understandable as Carr is a very likeable guy but we'll see how that translates onto the field. 

Bottom line Carr has no excuses not to play better. I want to hear you admit that.

Define what you mean by play better?  Should Carr's numbers improve having 1 year of familiarity with our O and adding one of the best WR's in the game.  They will but the onus is on the front office to surround Carr with talent to succeed. 

We need a Oline who can block, a RB who is not a washed up and a D who can stop something.  Like I said if Tom Brady was traded to the Raiders last year he would look old and washed up.  Many clueless fans would be say how he needs to retire etc when they clearly can't grasp how football is truly a team sport.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Define what you mean by play better?  Should Carr's numbers improve having 1 year of familiarity with our O and adding one of the best WR's in the game.  They will but the onus is on the front office to surround Carr with talent to succeed. 

We need a Oline who can block, a RB who is not a washed up and a D who can stop something.  Like I said if Tom Brady was traded to the Raiders last year he would look old and washed up.  Many clueless fans would be say how he needs to retire etc when they clearly can't grasp how football is truly a team sport.

No, criticizing Carr doesn’t mean we want him to retire, it means we want him to play better.  Does he need a better Oline? Yes.  But the guy checked down way too often the last two seasons.  That is a criticism I have about Carr, that doesn’t mean I hate him and want him to retire.  It also doesn’t mean I want him traded or cut.  It means I want him to make better decisions.  

I don’t watch Michael Irvin or Casserly though, so what do I know.  You watch NFL network so us clueless guys should just ask you for football opinions for now on.

13 minutes ago, NickButera said:

FWIW IMO this was imprinted pretty hard throughout this whole process. I'd be beyond stunned if we got rid of Carr this offseason as every indicator from every party seems to be putting a nail in the coffin to the "Carr is our starter this year". 

-We guaranteed his salary

-Both Coach and GM came out and said he is the franchise QB (not starter, not our QB, but said "franchise QB") pretty succinctly (i know, sometimes political talk)

-Drew R and AB both seemed to include Carr in the discussion when talking about the trade (Which makes me assume there was talks behind the scenes if they feel the need to bring it up)

...and other minute indicators. It's all just smoke really, but where there's smoke there's fire. 

Spot on assessment and clearly you have been following the situation closely.  Well said!

I think it is VERY likely Carr is the QB for 2019. However Frankie, never say never in the NFL. Carr is not safe until pick #4’s name is called at the podium. If it’s not a QB, he’s good. 

However, there’s always a chance Cards skip Murray and Gruden is on the clock at 4. If he calls Miami and during that 10 minutes and they give #13 for Carr, I think it’s a no brainer for Gruden. 

I think it’s a 95% chance Carr is the starter for 2019, but you are acting like it’s impossible he won’t be Frankie. Nothing is official yet. 

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I think it’s a 95% chance Carr is the starter for 2019, but you are acting like it’s impossible he won’t be Frankie. Nothing is official yet. 

Carr's going to be the QB next season. AB said one of the main reasons he wanted to be traded here was to play with Carr. If we draft Murray or Haskins, Brown could potentially say screw it and retire.

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Carr's going to be the QB next season. AB said one of the main reasons he wanted to be traded here was to play with Carr. If we draft Murray or Haskins, Brown could potentially say screw it and retire.

And he doesn’t see that 30M guaranteed if he retires. 

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Any chance Gruden drafts Murray/Haskins and has them sit behind Carr? Think about that a minute.

It is an option, but unlikely IMO.

1, Carr is a young competitive guy, so it wouldn't be that Chiefs way and could turn out ugly IMO.

2, Next years QB draft looks stronger, so we can build the roster and get a new QB in 2020 if Carr can't step up

3, We have too many holes and with the AB move we clearly retooling rather then rebuilding IMO. Gruden wants to win soon, so it would be pretty wild to pick a developemental QB early and skip a huge need on that DL

• Like 2