lions to sign Danny Amendola

flyguy1609

5 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Seems like a depth signing that will give us a chance to develop a rookie WR that we develop from this year's draft.  Maybe he will help Brandon Powell develop also.

I doubt we draft one now. Kenny, Marvin, TJ, Amendola and Powell... I could imagine it if we move Marvin or let TJ walk, but I doubt either happens. It's a pretty good set. Maybe they just needed a mentor type.

42 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I doubt we draft one now. Kenny, Marvin, TJ, Amendola and Powell... I could imagine it if we move Marvin or let TJ walk, but I doubt either happens. It's a pretty good set. Maybe they just needed a mentor type.

I don't think that TJ Jones sticks on the team - he has had years to prove himself and hasn't really done much of anything. I could see the team drafting a guy so that they can move on from Marvin soon. 

37 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

I don't think that TJ Jones sticks on the team - he has had years to prove himself and hasn't really done much of anything. I could see the team drafting a guy so that they can move on from Marvin soon. 

TJ is definitely not going to prevent them from drafting somebody. If anything, they need to draft someone to replace him.

29 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I don’t like this move much at all.  Luckily we have plenty to spend and it’s a 1 year deal.  Feels like the Blount signing last year.  Old NE ties to Quin but a year or two too late. 

I am hoping that it's not as bad as the Blount signing but I agree with the sentiment. This would have been better when he was first released from the Pats (but we also had Tate on the roster at the time).

31 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

TJ is definitely not going to prevent them from drafting somebody. If anything, they need to draft someone to replace him.

I didn't say TJ would prevent us from drafting a receiver, I said we had a good group. Even if we let TJ walk, which I don't think we will. We've got Powell to develop (he might be in our plans) Golladay at #1 and Marvin at 2. If anything, Marvin Jones is keeping us from drafting someone. Unless we do something with him any receiver we draft is going to be someone we stash. Especially with our holes at DE, LB, CB, DT, TE, and RG.

Our WR group is pretty strong and almost everything else is incredibly weak.

Players don't get signed as coaches. Nothing rolls my eyes harder every year at FA time than that kind of comment.

The Lions haven't had a real slot receiver in so many years. Tate and Burleson were both #2 outside receivers who ran short outside YAC routes, not guys who worked the short middle for a living. This is a fine move.

Archived