Bills to sign Kevin Johnson CB

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Verrett is actually good when healthy. Notsomuch with Johnson.

I have full faith in McDermott when it comes to the secondary. Look at what he’s done with Jordan Poyer, Micah Hyde, and Tre White. He made Ej Gaines look good as well when he was on the field, and has Levi Wallace looking very promising as a nickel guy.

15 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Really didn't expect Johnson to be one of the first FAs off the board. I'm guessing money is big, which I would be shocked about

Doubtful.  He's been on the market longer because he was cut, meaning he's been allowed to negotiate all last week.  His agent probably got him a deal done now because he knew his market could dry up when all the other FAs hit the market.  

Just now, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I have full faith in McDermott when it comes to the secondary. Look at what he’s done with Jordan Poyer, Micah Hyde, and Tre White. He made Ej Gaines look good as well when he was on the field, and has Levi Wallace looking very promising as a nickel guy.

This very well could be the case, but I'm of the belief that the foot injury in 2016 is what ruined him. It was a lisfranc break, and after that - it seemed like he couldn't plant, cut or change direction as smoothly as possible. He'd get beaten on simple routes, not even complex routes. 

I'll be honest, I'd be shocked if he developed into anything worthy of note. I mean, he could - not like our secondary coaching has any notches of turning good players into great players - but from what I saw, it was a physical limitation that prevented Johnson from sticking in Houston.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

This very well could be the case, but I'm of the belief that the foot injury in 2016 is what ruined him. It was a lisfranc break, and after that - it seemed like he couldn't plant, cut or change direction as smoothly as possible. He'd get beaten on simple routes, not even complex routes. 

I'll be honest, I'd be shocked if he developed into anything worthy of note. I mean, he could - not like our secondary coaching has any notches of turning good players into great players - but from what I saw, it was a physical limitation that prevented Johnson from sticking in Houston.

Curious - are you guys heavy man defensive scheme? 

37 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Doubtful.  He's been on the market longer because he was cut, meaning he's been allowed to negotiate all last week.  His agent probably got him a deal done now because he knew his market could dry up when all the other FAs hit the market.  

A very good point that I totally missed

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Hey! TedLavie! Had no idea you were a Bills fan. Good to see you outside of Mafia and other various forum games. :)

I'm a Chiefs fan actually. I was just bored at work and juat wanted to lol at stupid FA deals like every year. Obviously chose the wrong thread haha

Archived