Preseason Week 4 GDT: Titans (1-2) at Chiefs (1-2)

Titans fan 617

Just now, titans0021 said:

I think that will last for about one day. A month in, 99% of the people will forget he exists.

I think you underrate the media's persistence. Any team that signs him to be a backup(unless their starter is established top tier) is gonna have to deal with "is it time to start Kaep?" after every bad game by the starter. He's a mediocre player that brings more attention than any star in the league. No one is signing that to be a backup. Some team that needs a starter really badly might, but certainly not a backup.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

I think that will last for about one day. A month in, 99% of the people will forget he exists.

Especially since he isn't protesting the anthem anymore. 

Just like people did with Vick. That lasted just about until he threw for a couple TDs in a game. :)

6 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Tanney a terrible I feel bad for a guy like McBride trying to make the team and Tanney can't get anyone the ball. We have to trust that when it counts Mariota Murray Decker Matthews Davis Taylor Walker and Smith really take our offense to another level.

on the flip side we need our defense to be so much better that will always be our biggest question mark but the LBs look good hopefully the secondary is improved. What is starting to worry me is the the D-Line I thought we had good depth but Jones has played DE and NT Sly was brought it and finally started tonight so I have no idea what's going on there outside of Casey

At least McBride has stepped up this preseason and showed something in the offense.  He might get the last spot.  Weems or maybe Sharpe could be the odd man out.  Our secondary still looks like ****, and our basic pass rush is nonexistent.  I think Dodd is as good as done IMO.  I tried to give the kid a pass because he's trying to come back, but I've seen NOTHING promising from him that justifies wasting a roster spot on him. 
Right now, I'm more than ready to finally see our newly acquired weapons in Week 1. 

3 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I think you underrate the media's persistence. Any team that signs him to be a backup(unless their starter is established top tier) is gonna have to deal with "is it time to start Kaep?" after every bad game by the starter. He's a mediocre player that brings more attention than any star in the league. No one is signing that to be a backup. Some team that needs a starter really badly might, but certainly not a backup.

You really think the Nashville media would constantly ask about Kaepernick after bad games? Besides PK, this is as tame a media as you'll find in the NFL.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

If Mariota's performance is to the point that starting CK becomes a real hot topic, we're in trouble anyways and the media coverage will be the least of my concern. What does worry me is seeing Marcus go down for three games and it costing us a potential playoff spot because we've got a washed up Cassel that was never all that good to begin with lofting the football all over the place.

Prioritizing media coverage over having competent talent at the most important position in football is bad. As someone that's making this post literally from a sports newsroom, I understand the media's persistence fairly well. Kaepernick got a ton of coverage last year as the first player to really do what he was doing and speaking out publicly. I have my doubts that he'll get the same kind of coverage when each team has three or four players doing the same thing while he stands up for the anthem.

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

You really think the Nashville media would constantly ask about Kaepernick after bad games? Besides PK, this is as tame a media as you'll find in the NFL.

Acting like an NFL franchise is restricted to it's local media is kinda silly in today's times.

Kap was benched for Blaine Gabbert before he ever kneeled during the anthem. That's the level of talent we'd be getting. He's not the guy I want behind Mariota. I want a guy who helps Mariota improve. I don't see anyway he helps our team improve.

Just now, VY-FTW said:

Guys Kap would be talked about a lot more than we think. I just don't see the point. If Marcus goes down we are done for anyways. Kap isn't even that good 

He threw for 16 touchdowns and 4 interceptions with a supporting cast that bordered on rookie year Mariota levels of bad. He's probably a top 25 quarterback in football while we have a guy that's probably not even in the top 50 backing up Marcus. If Marcus goes down for two or three weeks, we can survive with a guy like CK and try to at least win a game or two and keep the season afloat.

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

Kap was benched for Blaine Gabbert before he ever kneeled during the anthem. That's the level of talent we'd be getting. He's not the guy I want behind Mariota. I want a guy who helps Mariota improve. I don't see anyway he helps our team improve.

A typical life rule is to never use Chip Kelly's personnel decisions as any reasonable way to evaluate talent.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

A typical life rule is to never use Chip Kelly's personnel decisions as any reasonable way to evaluate talent.

Well he did want to sell the farm for a chance to draft a different mobile QB who turned out pretty good. 

Archived