2019 Free Agency V2

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

According to the Athletic, we have roughly $18M in cap space left. We could add $7.25M by cutting Donald Penn and $4.25M by cutting Seth Roberts. 

I could see us still cut Lee Smith ($1.9), Keith Smith ($1.5),  Jordy ($3.5), Seth ($4.65), Penn ($4.75), McCarron ($5 Probably restructure),  Ellis ($2.5 If we draft Q), and Carrier ($1.7 If we draft Fant).  Everyone else is under a million.  We have 8 potential significant cuts depending on what we do in the draft that would have a total savings of roughly $25.5 million.  I would not mind using that money on one year deals so that we could still have some wiggle room on signing players next year but would prefer to carry over the cap saving to next year.  Even after signing draft picks and making cuts we are going to have 39 players for 2020 under contract and around $30-35 million to fill out the roster.  That is with cutting Joyner.  If we do not hit on the draft picks it is going to be a rough few years in Las Vegas.

If Beastmode isn't up to return, I think adding Crowell, at say 2.5mil, would be a great signing. He can handle the between the tackles work and be in the committee with RIchard and Warren and fills a RB need so we don't fill pressure to reach for the guy we want in the draft but doesn't stop us from taking our guy if he is there.

13 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

If Beastmode isn't up to return, I think adding Crowell, at say 2.5mil, would be a great signing. He can handle the between the tackles work and be in the committee with RIchard and Warren and fills a RB need so we don't fill pressure to reach for the guy we want in the draft but doesn't stop us from taking our guy if he is there.

Crowell would be a nice cheap #1 back for us going into the season and he can catch passes out of the backfield. A Crowell, Richard, and Warren rotation by committee should be good enough assuming that our OL play is better this year.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Please let it happen

• Like 2

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I could see us still cut Lee Smith ($1.9), Keith Smith ($1.5),  Jordy ($3.5), Seth ($4.65), Penn ($4.75), McCarron ($5 Probably restructure),  Ellis ($2.5 If we draft Q), and Carrier ($1.7 If we draft Fant).  Everyone else is under a million.  We have 8 potential significant cuts depending on what we do in the draft that would have a total savings of roughly $25.5 million.  I would not mind using that money on one year deals so that we could still have some wiggle room on signing players next year but would prefer to carry over the cap saving to next year.  Even after signing draft picks and making cuts we are going to have 39 players for 2020 under contract and around $30-35 million to fill out the roster.  That is with cutting Joyner.  If we do not hit on the draft picks it is going to be a rough few years in Las Vegas.

Jordy shouldn't be cut.  He's a pretty good WR to have with AB and T. Williams.  We need to keep him and add a WR early in the draft IMO.  Seth needs to restructure or cut.  No reason to pay him that much to be 4th on the depth chart.  I say we keep L. Smith, couldn't care less about K. Smith, D. Penn needs to be cut, couldn't care less about McCarron even though I wouldn't mind finding a cheaper option, keep Ellis because 2.5 million isn't going to change much and he's pretty good insurance.  I'd be fine with cutting Carrier if we drafted Fant as well.  So I really just want D. Penn and S. Roberts cut out of that group, their pay combined could help us afford Z. Brown or a DE.

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

Jordy shouldn't be cut.  He's a pretty good WR to have with AB and T. Williams.  We need to keep him and add a WR early in the draft IMO.  Seth needs to restructure or cut.  No reason to pay him that much to be 4th on the depth chart.  I say we keep L. Smith, couldn't care less about K. Smith, D. Penn needs to be cut, couldn't care less about McCarron even though I wouldn't mind finding a cheaper option, keep Ellis because 2.5 million isn't going to change much and he's pretty good insurance.  I'd be fine with cutting Carrier if we drafted Fant as well.  So I really just want D. Penn and S. Roberts cut out of that group, their pay combined could help us afford Z. Brown or a DE.

I don't like saying I told you so but Jordy as a #2 was a good deal.  #3 not so much.  My only surprise is that others were not cut first.  The whole Jordy already got paid is so we look like we take care of our players when they sign.  It was an investment in future free agents.  Never felt confident in McCarron.

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

I don't like saying I told you so but Jordy as a #2 was a good deal.  #3 not so much.  My only surprise is that others were not cut first.  The whole Jordy already got paid is so we look like we take care of our players when they sign.  It was an investment in future free agents.  Never felt confident in McCarron.

I didn't say he wouldn't be, I just didn't think he should have been cut.  But J. Gruden knows more about football than I do.  I just thought he'd help us have one of the better WR corps in the NFL.  In Gruden I trust.  I think we are opening up more cap for another signing.  I'm hoping we cut D. Penn and sign Z. Brown and J. Houston.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

I didn't say he wouldn't be, I just didn't think he should have been cut.  But J. Gruden knows more about football than I do.  I just thought he'd help us have one of the better WR corps in the NFL.  In Gruden I trust.  I think we are opening up more cap for another signing.  I'm hoping we cut D. Penn and sign Z. Brown and J. Houston.

I agree.  Would like to see some signings on D now.  HaHa, Verrett,  plus a few others were good defensive signings today.  I would feel good about Brown but can Houston play DE full time?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I agree.  Would like to see some signings on D now.  HaHa, Verrett,  plus a few others were good defensive signings today.  I would feel good about Brown but can Houston play DE full time?

Well I read somewhere he played over 2,000 snaps over the last two seasons. So I sure hope so.

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

What system does KC's D run.  I could be wrong but I always think of them as a 3-4 with Houston at 3-4 OLB.

True. He's a 6'3" 260 lb LB. He'd roughly fit a Bruce Irvin type role. Maybe not him. So Z. Brown and a 4-3 DE.

Just now, Jerry said:

True. He's a 6'3" 260 lb LB. He'd roughly fit a Bruce Irvin type role. Maybe not him. So Z. Brown and a 4-3 DE.

Gruden seems to like him though.  Go to Houston's page on ESPN and a video of Gruden talking about their D will start.