2019 Free Agency V2

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

We have 1 DE under contract and that's Arden Key who would benefit from another pass rusher. We already have a yound dline and average linebackers. I thought this would be a focus in FA

I think it was the focus until all the top DEs got franchised. I would not want to pay top DE money to any of the available pass rushers. 

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

our DE sucks...  any on the trade block? we need to sign at least 2 vet ends, hate to count on rookies to fill that hole..takes awhile to adjust to NFL trenches, strength, and. skill

Fixed it for you since we only have 1!  We might have to use all 3 first round picks on DE.  Seriously though we need to sign at least 1, draft one in the first, then still get one on day 3, and sign a June 1st cut.  I think we are the only team in the league that has only one DE on the roster.  Might as well switch to a 3-4.  There are at least 5-6 quality players that could play OLB in that scheme.  Not going to happen though.  They need to at least kick the wheels on Ansah in the next couple days.

There is an Ansah to the DE problem. And Houston.

I loved ziggy in draft and pounded table for him that year. I think houston is prob best fit. Can help key, and other young lineman, while still being very productive.

Edited by roi34

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Actually Barrett and Ansah are still out there. One of the 3 would be great.

I'll take Barrett at a reasonable salary. Young and can be a good pass rusher from OLB.

Ansah may want too much, and I don't trust his body holding up. I'll say fool's gold.

Houston I'm eh on, I think he can provide a strong veteran presence, but I'm not sure he can play on the line. As with Ansah,  how much money will he want.

1 minute ago, roi34 said:

There is an Ansah to the DE problem. And Houston.

I loved ziggy in draft and pounded table for him that year. I think houston is prob best fit. Can help key, and other young lineman, while still being very productive.

I think Houston could play a role here but not as a full time end.  

Quinn contract not worth trading for. 

Overthecap has the Raiders will 40 million in cap space , but that’s with out the Williams deal. Not sure what’s taking them so long to update it since they already did the Nelson and McCarron cut. Can’t imagine them having to much money to put up front at this point. 

25 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Gruden made comments about not wanting a good WR corp, but a great one. I wonder if he continues to look at WR in FA?

Some options still out there:

• Randal Cobb
  • Garcon
  • Crabtree
  • Kearse
  • Wallace
  • Bryant (Martavis)
  • Rishard Mathews
  • LaFell

I’d definitely give a look to Cobb/Crabtree and maybe Kearse. Nothing more than a 1yr deal though. Low if any guaranteed money. Brown/Williams/Rookie/FA vet/Atmen? Isn’t bad. 

Cobb would be the only one I would touch. Crabtree and Carr's relationship kind of soured the last year from reports from the bay area media members so I don't think that would be an option. I don't think they will pick up a vet WR until the draft is over and then address it. 

At this point Houston returning to end as he played Georgia makes the most sense if you want impact. He can still play, and will be a good mentor

Already growing a little worried about the front seven. I need to linebackers at least, Two or three edge players And still have means in the secondary. 

Edited by big_palooka

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

At this point Houston returning to end as he played Georgia makes the most sense if you want impact. He can still play, and will be a good mentor

Already growing a little worried about the front seven. I need to linebackers at least, Two or three edge players And still have means in the secondary. 

I'm hoping about 5 of our picks go to the front seven on our defense.  That way they all have 4 years to grow together.  I know that sounds crazy, but our weakest link on this team is the front seven, by a mile.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

We need to add an edge in free agency. Apparently, we made a late push for Golden but missed. The only edge's left on the market are Justin Houston, Clay Matthews, Ziggy Ansah, Shane Ray, Benson Mayowa, and Derrick Morgan.