2019 Free Agency V2

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

57 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Can we talk about how lucky we are to land Carlson? He was awesome for us and looks to have rebounded super strongly after the Minny exit.

GREAT  pick up!! Carlson the man!!!

I see Ateman battling for a roster spot....could Murray make the team guys???

Edited by Humble_Beast

30 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yup. Gruden/Mayock clearly favor smaller, quicker guys that they can move around. 

Exactly, WIliam's is a tiny 6'4.

I think Ateman is in trouble, not because of his size but because of talent. Both his lack of usable attributes and talent and the talent in front of him.

Just now, NightTrainLane said:

Exactly, WIliam's is a tiny 6'4.

I think Ateman is in trouble, not because of his size but because of talent. Both his lack of usable attributes and talent and the talent in front of him.

Antonio Brown is 5'10", JJ Nelson is 5'10", and Ryan Grant is 6'0. All 3 of those guys can move around and play in the slot or on the outside. Seems like they're targeting a particular type of receiver for Gruden's offense... 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Antonio Brown is 5'10", JJ Nelson is 5'10", and Ryan Grant is 6'0. All 3 of those guys can move around and play in the slot or on the outside. Seems like they're targeting a particular type of receiver for Gruden's offense... 

If AB hadn't come on the market and the Steeler's wouldn't have caved to our demands, then we'd be looking at WIlliam 6'4 Grant 6'0 and Nelson 5'10. Hell, we may have even kept Roberts then and he is 6'2 . Those are all different height and skill types of guys with different strengths. Think it's more like revamping position then loading up on one type of WR.

2 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

If AB hadn't come on the market and the Steeler's wouldn't have caved to our demands, then we'd be looking at WIlliam 6'4 Grant 6'0 and Nelson 5'10. Hell, we may have even kept Roberts then and he is 6'2 . Those are all different height and skill types of guys with different strengths. Think it's more like revamping position then loading up on one type of WR.

We've added 4 WR this offseason, 3 fit into a similar mold, so that means there's probably a plan in place for the type of guys they want in the offense this year. Smaller, quicker guys that can move all around the field and be effective in the intermediate area. 

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We've added 4 WR this offseason, 3 fit into a similar mold, so that means there's probably a plan in place for the type of guys they want in the offense this year. Smaller, quicker guys that can move all around the field and be effective in the intermediate area. 

Didn't address anything that I said.

And we have actually added 5 WRs this year.

AB which was unexpected and an elite talent.

Williams, who is 6'4

Grant, who is 6'0 200lbs and more of a swiss army knife than fitting any one mold.

Then Nelson and Pierson-El who are 5'9-5'10, fit the mold you speak of and will probably be fighting for the same slot.

While I think they did make an effort to address an area of need which is a slot WR with agility and speed, I also don't think it was a effort to fill the room with this mold of guy because of Gruden's offense. We got a couple, which is what we needed.

Just now, NightTrainLane said:

Didn't address anything that I said.

And we have actually added 5 WRs this year.

AB which was unexpected and an elite talent.

Williams, who is 6'4

Grant, who is 6'0 200lbs and more of a swiss army knife than fitting any one mold.

Then Nelson and Pierson-El who are 5'9-5'10, fit the mold you speak of and will probably be fighting for the same slot.

While I think they did make an effort to address an area of need which is a slot WR with agility and speed, I also don't think it was a effort to fill the room with this mold of guy because of Gruden's offense. We got a couple, which is what we needed.

So it's just a coincidence that we added 4 guys with similar skill sets and another guy that compliments them? Gruden and Mayock don't have a plan? It's just guess work? If that's the case we're screwed.