2019 Free Agency V2

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

10 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Do they measure from the thumb to the pinky?  His hands do not look small.  Maybe he has some leprechaun thumbs.  He has the same size hands as me if that is how they measure and I am 5'9" 180.  My hands look small for my size but I can still palm a basketball.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2019/3/1/18246063/nfl-combine-2019-edge-rusher-measurements-josh-allen-nick-bosa-jachai-polite-brian-burns

interesting but q will’s right hand is 9inches but left is 9 &5/8 inch

josh allen is R: 8 6/8 L: 8 4/8

bosa is 10&6/8 on both lol 

josh has big arm length and wingspan tho

41 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Found this must be photoshopped tho to make his hands look bigger . Why would they give that award to him everything came so easy to him. 

https://collegefootball.ap.org/article/kentucky-linebacker-josh-allen-wins-lott-impact-trophy

Because awards are about stats. Which is why no defensive player has won a Heisman since Chuck.

Allen is a good player. I just don't buy him as a system fit. He's not a pure edge player in a 4-3.. He's a 3-4 OLB. I just don't see the position fit

3 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Do they measure from the thumb to the pinky?  His hands do not look small.  Maybe he has some leprechaun thumbs.  He has the same size hands as me if that is how they measure and I am 5'9" 180.  My hands look small for my size but I can still palm a basketball.

His hands don't looks small in a photo that shows only half his body!

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Because awards are about stats. Which is why no defensive player has won a Heisman since Chuck.

Allen is a good player. I just don't buy him as a system fit. He's not a pure edge player in a 4-3.. He's a 3-4 OLB. I just don't see the position fit

This is my assessment as well. That’s why many have the Jets taking him which i hope happens 

• Like 1

On 4/2/2019 at 4:15 PM, Humble_Beast said:

Lynch don't have the power... basically if Gruden and Mayock see value and can upgrade in the draft... if they can't get around to RB Lynch gets his spot back

Lynch's power is deciding how much it would take to get him back. If they don't draft a RB (which I wanted one last year) then it'll be interesting. Lynch already took a hometown discount, but if the team looks bad why would he do that again. It's not a business decision for him. He didn't 'need' to come out of retirement and Seattle didn't have to let him go. It was all about the love of/for Oakland and trying to bring a championship home.

EDIT Just hoping Zona goes QB...More choices and if Jets trade down so another team can get a QB?!? More choices...

Edited by G

Anybody have the numbers on what Wilson is going to make.  Spotrac has us at $18.4 million with the draft picks but does not have  4 signings up yet.  The 4 contracts that would fall off the top 51 would balance out Grant's $2.5 million so we would just need to subtract Marshall ($4.1), Crowell ($2.5), and Wilson from the $18.4.  Then add $4.5 for the contracts that fall off for the draft picks also and we have our current cap number.  That gives us $16.3 - Wilson.  We could also draft a TE and cut Lee, Carrier, and Keith Smith to save another $5.1 million.  Then we would have $21.4 million - Wilson to go after Ansah.  If Wilson got $2 and we signed Ansah to $13 million for one year that leaves us with a little more than we had last year and we would have 79 players signed.  Our team would look very different but much better than it did week 1 last year.  Ansah is a great low risk 1 year bridge player that if he works out we can try to resign and if he is to expensive we can replace him in the draft or hope to find a diamond in the ruff from this year.  This also allows us to draft BPA with an eye towards adding 1 more quality DE.

Edited by drfrey13