2019 Free Agency V2

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Very valid point! 

So many guys get obsessed with bend and speed around the edge, sure you'd like to have it if possible but I would think the most important thing for an NFL DC is knowing he can put a guy out there that won't be a liability and will set the edge, play disciplined and do the basics. Ferrell and Zach Allen wouldn't be a bad haul at all IMO and allow us to get a couple of other starters too at maybe TE, LB and WR. 

Draft twitter is the worst thing to happen to this process. These "professionals" read into the athletic testing and oversell "edge bend". Then fans come in and regurgitate it.

Form your own opinions. All I know is Allen, Ferrell.... those dudes produced. All around quality players at good programs in the ACC. 

Burns and Sweat can bend, but lack in other areas that could limit them. Burns... are you playing him on first and second down?

Then you have Polite who everyone is down on over testing, but produced at a high level and looked every bit a top 10 pick at one point. Another guy who'll end up being available lower than he should be.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Draft twitter is the worst thing to happen to this process. These "professionals" read into the athletic testing and oversell "edge bend". Then fans come in and regurgitate it.

Form your own opinions. All I know is Allen, Ferrell.... those dudes produced. All around quality players at good programs in the ACC. 

Burns and Sweat can bend, but lack in other areas that could limit them. Burns... are you playing him on first and second down?

Then you have Polite who everyone is down on over testing, but produced at a high level and looked every bit a top 10 pick at one point. Another guy who'll end up being available lower than he should be.

Zach Allen is soo dam slow he makes key look like usain bolt. He’s a dt in my book. 

Ferrell is a good base end who offers some pass rush ability 

burns needs to bulk up and I’m not sure if he can hold the weight but he’d be a very good olb imo

sweat I like a lot almost more than Josh Allen I’d take sweat @4 

polite is meh too hot and cold for me need more of a consistent motor similar to jay Ferg

6 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Zach Allen is soo dam slow he makes key look like usain bolt. He’s a dt in my book. 

Another played out narrative... you don't have to run a fast 40 to play base DE.

His initial burst is solid. He has good strength and punch at the point of attack. Versatile, effort player who can play inside as well. His weakness is length.

• Like 1

Just now, big_palooka said:

Another played out narrative... you don't have to run a fast 40 to play base DE.

His initial burst is solid. He has good strength and punch at the point of attack. Versatile, effort player who can play inside as well. His weakness is length.

I’m talking about on film he looks very slow and imo only really made plays when he was kicked inside. I thought he was a 4.9 dude before the combine.

21 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Dude doesn't even have hands, what are you talking about!

Found this must be photoshopped tho to make his hands look bigger . Why would they give that award to him everything came so easy to him. 

https://collegefootball.ap.org/article/kentucky-linebacker-josh-allen-wins-lott-impact-trophy

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Found this must be photoshopped tho to make his hands look bigger . Why would they give that award to him everything came so easy to him. 

https://collegefootball.ap.org/article/kentucky-linebacker-josh-allen-wins-lott-impact-trophy

Do they measure from the thumb to the pinky?  His hands do not look small.  Maybe he has some leprechaun thumbs.  He has the same size hands as me if that is how they measure and I am 5'9" 180.  My hands look small for my size but I can still palm a basketball.