2019 Free Agency V2

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

11 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

A 2nd for him? Absolutely. He's incredible and only 25. I'd pay him around $20-21 M. The "downgrade" from Mack to him, but being a little cheaper and adding 2 firsts and giving up a 2nd would be worth it.

Edit: The numbers above are close to what Demarcus Lawrence just got, so maybe a bit less. But still would do it.

Do we even have enough money?

not a numbers guy...

36 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Do we even have enough money?

not a numbers guy...

With a couple cuts like Lee Smith, Carrier, and Keith Smith we would still have some wiggle room.  We could give him a similar contract to Zadarius Smith 4yr $66 million.  After the draft we would have roughly $3.5 million and that does include the Ricard deal.  We would have to make some cuts to make any moves next year though.  We do have around $42 million in contracts that we could get rid of next year without any dead money if the players do not live up to their contracts.  we would need to draft 2 TEs in the draft though and that #35 pick might have been a sweet spot for Fant.  

14 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

With a couple cuts like Lee Smith, Carrier, and Keith Smith we would still have some wiggle room.  We could give him a similar contract to Zadarius Smith 4yr $66 million.  After the draft we would have roughly $3.5 million and that does include the Ricard deal.  We would have to make some cuts to make any moves next year though.  We do have around $42 million in contracts that we could get rid of next year without any dead money if the players do not live up to their contracts.  we would need to draft 2 TEs in the draft though and that #35 pick might have been a sweet spot for Fant.  

Interesting to see how it plays out or if we’re even interested 

28 million in cap space but about 10-13 million will go to the draft picks and I read some where that they need a certain amount of real money for the draft picks as well. Cap space can always be worked around. I think the real money part would be an issue and why a trade for Clark or Clowney wouldn’t be realistic  

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I wonder if we could restructure some of our other guys too to make some room. Aka Carr, Hudson, Jackson, etc.

We could but I do not think anything like that will happen until after the draft.  First we do not know who we will get and some vets will become expendable.  Second if we trade a 2020 3rd, since we do not have a 2nd, after the draft we could structure the deal so that Seattle takes the higher pick in the 3rd.  If they can not trade him in the next couple weeks they may get desperate and need to do something before caving or cutting.  They can spin this as a win to their fan base.  I know it does not make sense but it works for some reason.  Also Clark's contract demands have to be pretty high if they are willing to trade a 25 year old talented DE for a 2nd.  This gives him time to lower his demands.

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

28 million in cap space but about 10-13 million will go to the draft picks and I read some where that they need a certain amount of real money for the draft picks as well. Cap space can always be worked around. I think the real money part would be an issue and why a trade for Clark or Clowney wouldn’t be realistic  

Real money is another hurdle but from what I have read there is plenty out there for Mark with Vegas deal.  This has been a real problem in the past but I think now not so much.  This is also why we where big spenders in FA this year.

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

A 2nd for him? Absolutely. He's incredible and only 25. I'd pay him around $20-21 M. The "downgrade" from Mack to him, but being a little cheaper and adding 2 firsts and giving up a 2nd would be worth it.

Edit: The numbers above are close to what Demarcus Lawrence just got, so maybe a bit less. But still would do it.

Change that to giving up two 2nds. The Raiders threw in a 2nd to the Bears in the Mack trade.

40 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Real money is another hurdle but from what I have read there is plenty out there for Mark with Vegas deal.  This has been a real problem in the past but I think now not so much.  This is also why we where big spenders in FA this year.

They spent a lot of real money this offseason on Brown and Brown have to wonder what they have left. 

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I wonder if we could restructure some of our other guys too to make some room. Aka Carr, Hudson, Jackson, etc.

I would really like to see DC take a pay cut, maybe make another year or two guarenteed at the same time.  Just take it down to about 20 million a year.  Give us another 5 million to wiggle around and pickup some more talent.  Even though I'm a fan of his, he hasn't played up to his contract.  There I said it.

25 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I would really like to see DC take a pay cut, maybe make another year or two guarenteed at the same time.  Just take it down to about 20 million a year.  Give us another 5 million to wiggle around and pickup some more talent.  Even though I'm a fan of his, he hasn't played up to his contract.  There I said it.

i think looking at other players to restructure might be a better idea.  Carr playing year to year knowing that his money is not guaranteed might motivate him a little more.  That and he knows his head coach loves researching new QBs that fit his system.