Jets agreed with LB Anthony Barr, but now he's re-signing with the Vikings

jetskid007

I just love the idea of using Barr as a 3-4 "SLB" the way Leonard Floyd is used in CHI, with a more pure pass rusher on the other side. Maybe it'll be Bosa/Allen. Maybe it'll be another FA. Maybe someone else entirely. But I hope we don't end trying to add pass rushers. Imagine signing another guy like Houston and drafting Williams... 

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Go watch his UCLA highlights. And he’s only gotten better. Just has been misused

I know he is a good football player but beating a LT around the edge is a very specific thing.  It requires having an arsenal of moves that he hasn't used in years now.  He has 13.5 sacks in the NFL.  2 of them involved him beating an actual block.... both times it was a RB.  Just saying he has done it 0 times in the NFL, doesn't mean he can't, but he just hasn't.

8 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

I'm gonna have to wait to see him do it consistently before i get pumped about him at edge rusher.

He can be an absolute bust, but at least they tried instead of trotting out third and fourth round picks there.

1 minute ago, Akomplice said:

He can be an absolute bust, but at least they tried instead of trotting out third and fourth round picks there.

See I think he's a fairly safe signing. Maybe he won't live up to expectations as a pass rusher, but he should still be a productive player in this defense a la Jamie Collins. 

4 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

See I think he's a fairly safe signing. Maybe he won't live up to expectations as a pass rusher, but he should still be a productive player in this defense a la Jamie Collins. 

Ya this is what i think.  Worst case scenario he stays as a fairly good off ball LB

30 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Ya this is what i think.  Worst case scenario he stays as a fairly good off ball LB

4 out of 5 years in the league he has made the  Pro Bowl ... dude is a stud football player.  Adams got a "dawg" today

YYYEEESSSSSS. I love it. 

Me and him been following each other on twitter since I made a UCLA highlight tape for him. 

Just because he wasn't asked to pass rush doesn't mean he can't. Barr had 3.0 sacks on 97 pass rush attempts last season (3.1%). Danielle Hunter had 14.5 sacks on 436 rushes (3.3%). He's a 3-4 OLB who was drafted by a 4-3 team and was still able to perform at a Pro Bowl Level. Please show me more 6'5 255lbs 4-3 LBs that can play off the ball. We got my guy. I'm really happy + he never has to leave the field when the scheme changes for match ups. When he played in the 34 in college, he had 23 sacks in 2 years after transitioning from a different position. I'm willing to bet he outperforms Flowers and Fowler. 

Ok, was just watching some Barr college tape.... and i gotta say.... the dude can bend.  He may need to learn some more moves but he is fast and can bend the corner.  I am feeling at least slightly better about him playing more edge than he has so far.

Archived