What’s the realistic aim this year?

Aztec Hammer

You can take the “cautiously” out of cautiously optimistic for me.  I’ll legit be crushed if we miss the playoffs.

I’m not gonna be a d!ck about it. Not my style, and I did appreciate all those around me who WEREN’T jerks during the dark days. I will not judge those of you who want to talk smack, though.  You do you.

1 hour ago, ReggieCamp said:

You can take the “cautiously” out of cautiously optimistic for me.  I’ll legit be crushed if we miss the playoffs.

I’m not gonna be a d!ck about it. Not my style, and I did appreciate all those around me who WEREN’T jerks during the dark days. I will not judge those of you who want to talk smack, though.  You do you.

Living in SW Ohio I’m obviously surrounded by Bengals fans. Over the last 15 years most folks have been really decent.

Some of the younger fans like “lololol Browns haha haha “, but the older fans remember the Bengals teams of the 90’s and can sympathize.  Most of the root for the Browns 14 Sundays a year and want a return to the days when the Battle of Ohio actually meant something.

As far as us?  We haven’t won a division title since it was the AFC Central in ‘89.  Plenty of folks on this site weren’t even alive then.  I was 7. There is no way in hell I’m going to start talking trash because we almost went .500 and had a good offseason.

I haven’t purchased any Browns gear in probably a decade with the exception of one baseball cap.  I said I wasn’t going to throw money at a team that was as incompetent as they were.  

I reaffirmed my stance with Haslam, wasn’t going to buy anything until he gave me a reason to.  I’ve went to one game in Cleveland since he bought the team and that was because I was going with a group of people from all over the country.  Usually I’ll just go see them here in Cincy if I want to see them play.  Haven’t wanted to do that either recently...

All that said, I just bought a hoodie, tee shirt and ball cap from the NFL shop.  I figured it was about time.  My wife is thrilled too as she won’t have to be seen with me wearing that same ratty old hat. 😂 

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

As crazy as this sounds. I’ve never had an issue with a Steelers fan and Bengals fans don’t exist lol.

It’s not crazy, most Steelers fans aren’t starting anything here and Cincy fans on here are chill as hell.

Some of those Ravens fans tho..... whew boy....

What makes this team so potentially good imo, is our ability to win close games with our personnel. When we need to play quick, we have the weapons and QB who can play up tempo and score. The back 7 still needs a little help and I will need to see how the o-line does.

Realistic Goals/Aim:

*Less than double digit wins will be a failure

*Less than a playoff appearance will be disappointing

*A wildcard appearance will be nice

*A division title would be on paper the expectation, but never count out a grizzled/veteran organization/squad like Pitt/Balt.

*A first round bye would exceed my expectations

Just get in the playoffs and then anything can happen.

Most of my Steeler fan friends seem to think we're a mirage.  And some of these guys actually know football.  I'm surprised.

The most common reply:  they don't think Kitchens can handle all the personalities, and we're more likely to implode than contend for a championship.

I know it's possible, but I don't think so.

Archived