What’s the realistic aim this year?

Aztec Hammer

6 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Most of my Steeler fan friends seem to think we're a mirage.  And some of these guys actually know football.  I'm surprised.

The most common reply:  they don't think Kitchens can handle all the personalities, and we're more likely to implode than contend for a championship.

I know it's possible, but I don't think so.

Other than Odell, what personality is a potential problem?

9 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

This is their answer, not mine:  Baker, Landry, Hunt. A couple mentioned Richardson.

They 100% base this off of what Colin Cowherd said verbatim.

Lol at Baker and Landry being a problem. I’ve never heard of Richardson being a problem.

It’s crazy the issue some people seem to have with Baker’s personality.

I mean, like literally every dude who has ever played with him and literally every coach has loved him.  

So he’s fiery or feisty?  So was Favre, so what?

I never heard of any issues with Hunt either tbh.  Landry was great here last year.  

Maybe I’m too far into the forest to see the trees, but I’m not seeing it.  No more so than any other team anyway.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, like literally every dude who has ever played with him and literally every coach has loved him.  

I never heard of any issues with Hunt either tbh.  Landry was great here last year.  

Maybe I’m too far into the forest to see the trees, but I’m not seeing it.  No more so than any other team anyway.

I find that winning tends to solve a lot of attitude issues with guys who seem to have them coming from places where they weren't winning. This isn't a bunch of guys who are problems because of not getting paid, but rather guys who are done with losing. 

I mean, the 2016-2017 Browns were full of a bunch of choir boy types as a whole and went 1-31. 

1 hour ago, ReggieCamp said:

Most of my Steeler fan friends seem to think we're a mirage.  And some of these guys actually know football.  I'm surprised.

The most common reply:  they don't think Kitchens can handle all the personalities, and we're more likely to implode than contend for a championship.

I know it's possible, but I don't think so.

i dunno why people think this about kitchens.  dude seems to be straightforward, care more than just football, and got a bunch of feisty football players to be on the same page last year. id bet heavily that this dude is one of the best communicators we've ever seen as cleveland hc since the return, if not the best.  if i had to bet on any one of our coaches to handle all the personalities it would be kitchens for sure.  i think this dude gonna make people look silly imo

40 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

@ReggieCamp I don’t want do disrespect your buddies, but ask them if they watch Colin Cowherd and watch this segment.

Lol, no disrespect taken, my man.  A few of them listen to me when I counter their points.  Those are the smarter ones, lol.  But many of them will just stubbornly defend their Steeler turf and ignore the changing of the tide.  Kinda like our group in here has been for many years...

18 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I'm with you, dood.  I just calmly refute their points (like what you just said above), and some of them get it.  But many are in for a rude awakening this season.

14 minutes ago, mistakey said:

i dunno why people think this about kitchens.  dude seems to be straightforward, care more than just football, and got a bunch of feisty football players to be on the same page last year. id bet heavily that this dude is one of the best communicators we've ever seen as cleveland hc since the return, if not the best.  if i had to bet on any one of our coaches to handle all the personalities it would be kitchens for sure.  i think this dude gonna make people look silly imo

Yeah he’s comfortable in his own skin and has a strong believe the job is bigger than just the game/x’s and o’s/etc.

I love the guy from what I’ve seen and I can see why so many players seem to like him. Just seems like a good dude.

13 minutes ago, bungleodeon said:

it's cleveland.  I just want a playoff game this year.  just break this cycle.  10-6 and a playoff birth and I will be 100% content.  im not asking much here!

14-2 + Lombardi trophy or bust.

13-3 and superbowl not good enough.

We potentially have the best QB, DE, WR, and CB in the league on one team and plenty of youth and depth behind them. Jobi may be one of the best DT's! Expectations?!?! There isn't as much pressure as compared to team that feels the need to perpetually win. We've been beaten down, we're more hungry than anyone else, and now all the sudden we've got all the fire power. Pray and spray!!!!!!! The prayers will work. Just as the heavy, bad vibes kept this team down, the positive, optimistic vibes I've been getting from people I interact with every day are going to lift this team to heights I could've only imagined standing in the Cavs championship parade watching Tristan swig whiskey and some burly guy eat horse ****. 

Listen, it's not going to be easy for us to beat teams. But for the first time it's not going to be easy for them to beat us either.

Lay some bills on the Browns worst to first! 

Next 10 years is a Baker vs Mahomes debate...

Archived