Geronimo Allison Resigns with the Packers

EaglesPeteC

10 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I know Mike McCarthy wasn't a good coach, but do you really think he's been holding back Randall Cobb?

Maybe Cobb just isn't that good?!?

I just love it when Viking fans pop up with some subtle trash. All due respect to followers of an organization steeped in losing...with a long and glorious history of always being an also ran....of never reaching the summitt....but rather continually dying as they approach the peak.  It must grow frustrating. :)

36 minutes ago, Leader said:

I just love it when Viking fans pop up with some subtle trash. All due respect to followers of an organization steeped in losing...with a long and glorious history of always being an also ran....of never reaching the summitt....but rather continually dying as they approach the peak.  It must grow frustrating. :)

Its okay to say that a player or coach wasn't good without trashing or trolling a team.

You're getting personally offended over something that's not that big of a deal. Its almost as if someone were to call a player anything less than "the GOAT", another will get upset like you are right now.

Mike McCarthy has been a pretty mediocre coach over the years. That's fine.

Randall Cobb hasn't been a good receiver for a while now. That too is fine.

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

Its okay to say that a player or coach wasn't good without trashing or trolling a team.

You're getting personally offended over something that's not that big of a deal. Its almost as if someone were to call a player anything less than "the GOAT", another will get upset like you are right now.

Actually I'm not.....and you're right, its not a big deal. I'm not getting lost in the weeds of the "discussion" - was just giving you some **** - in a nice kinda way :)

12 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I know Mike McCarthy wasn't a good coach, but do you really think he's been holding back Randall Cobb?

Maybe Cobb just isn't that good?!?

Cobb is a good player but he has missed 14 games in the past 3 seasons and his production has gone down exponentially .  He disappeared (along with other WRs not named Davante Adams) after Rodgers got hurt. 

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I don't know if McCarthy is as dreadful as some are suggesting.  You don't win a SB with smoke and mirrors.  IMO he was a OC masquerading as a HC.  I think he'd be much more successful going forward as an assistant.  

7 hours ago, Pugger said:

I don't know if McCarthy is as dreadful as some are suggesting.  You don't win a SB with smoke and mirrors.  IMO he was a OC masquerading as a HC.  I think he'd be much more successful going forward as an assistant.  

He may have been the right coach at the right time, or something like that, but i was never much a fan. Green Bay had an extremely talented roster that blossomed in 2008 and began to crack in 2015. That's extremely impressive.

56 minutes ago, TheBeast23 said:

Cobb’s entire career has been riddled with injury and miss using him. I can totally see him being successful on another team and actually get a chance to shine. 

Somehow playing with Aaron Rodgers in the Packers' pass happy offense is misusing him?  Now we've heard it all.  He played in 9 games last year, and finished 3rd among WRs in terms of targets.  Just look at their targets per game of the WRs this year.

Davante Adams: 11.3 targets/game
Randall Cobb: 6.8 targets/game
MVS: 4.5 targets/game
ESB: 3 targets/game

If I had to make an educated, he was Aaron's 3rd favorite target behind Greg Jennings and Jordy Nelson.

26 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Somehow playing with Aaron Rodgers in the Packers' pass happy offense is misusing him?  Now we've heard it all.  He played in 9 games last year, and finished 3rd among WRs in terms of targets.  Just look at their targets per game of the WRs this year.

Davante Adams: 11.3 targets/game
Randall Cobb: 6.8 targets/game
MVS: 4.5 targets/game
ESB: 3 targets/game

If I had to make an educated, he was Aaron's 3rd favorite target behind Greg Jennings and Jordy Nelson.

He might have been Rodgers 3rd favorite target out of the bunch but it doesn’t mean he’s not being miss used. McCarthys poor play calling and Rodgers not executing well lead to an offense that couldn’t stay on the field a good portion of last season didn’t help. Cobb coming out of the backfield for no reason doesn’t help. Cobb’s own injuries didn’t do him any favors. I’m not saying Rodgers can’t ball anymore but the guy has seriously taken a step back maybe not in numbers due quantity of pass plays but his ability and play certainly has dipped. I just think Cobb going to another team with a game plan that uses his talents better and he would be night and day. 

16 hours ago, Pugger said:

He was nowhere near dreadful.  He was a very good coach whose time had just run its course in Green Bay.  That's something that happens to every coach eventually.  As you said, Pugger, you don't win a Super Bowl by being mediocre.  I became sold on him after hearing Rich Gannon talk in an interview about how big of a factor MM was in his eventually becoming a league MVP. 

10 hours ago, TheBeast23 said:

Cobb’s entire career has been riddled with injury and miss using him. I can totally see him being successful on another team and actually get a chance to shine. 

How did we misuse him?  He missed half of our games this past season and when he was out there he dropped a lot of passes.  How can he be more successful elsewhere if he can't stay on the field?  I don't care how good you are as a player - if you can't play you aren't much use to your team. 

Archived