Round by Round Mock (you make the pick...#114 &118 on page 7)

squire12

4 hours ago, Victor1124 said:

Wouldn't be sad about this at all. Then grab a safety at 44 to basically completely rebuild the defense(might need an ILB) and go offense with the majority of our remaining picks( possibly grabbing corner depth and maybe mid round ILB).

If we got Burns at 12, Simmons at 30, and could snag Adderly at 44, I'd lose my **** (in good way).

5 hours ago, Victor1124 said:

Unless we sign another safety, I would probably be looking at one of those. Say Adderly or Chauncey Garner if the fall or if they really like a guy like Thornill. 

Only TE's i am taking in the first two rounds are Fant and Hockenson but they will probably be gone by 44. Risner would get consideration but we have a decent sized hole at safety next to Amos compared to the state of our O-line. I would only grab a corner if they felt a top end guy like Greedy would be a stud( in which we would have to use a 1st on him) or a mid round pick. 

I’d use a 4th or 3rd to move up if I saw a FS available I liked. After those picks and free agency, quality over quantity for me. 

6 hours ago, Leader said:

I dont think either Adderley or CGJ are gonna make it to 30 - no less beyond - so taking Simmons wouldnt be my play. I wouldnt mind if GB moved up from 30 to snag one of them.

None of the safeties really grade out in the first round. None of them have elite measurables   Don't force that pick.  Like Outpost referred to, it is kind of a bonus pick.  BPA all the way.  TT drafted for need and he was relieved of his duties.  Simmons > any safety in the draft.  I just hope Bush lasts until #30.

1. Trade down

2. #12 Sweat

Hockenson

Metcalf

Jonah Williams

Oliver

White

3. #30 Greedy

Dillard

Irv Smith

Parris Campell

Risner

I would have gone at 30 

1. Hock- 12 personnel is becoming more valuable. In 5 years TE will be looked at differently. I’d rather be out in front on this. Great prospect that fills need

2. Bush- the missing piece on D

3abcd Addy/Johnson/Allen/Lindstrom- solid players, limited ceilings 

4. Simmons- There are several players a year that could have been top X picks but get hurt. His injury just happened after the season. Damaged goods in round 1? No thanks

Pick 44.  I went with Burns and Gardner-Johnson.    I would have a hard time passing on Deebo Samuel at this slot.   I think he has solid #2WR ability and would really be a great addition along side Adams.

Garrett Bradbury

Deebo Samuel

Irv Smith Jr

Damien Harris

Jaylon Ferguson

Amani Oruwariye  

Charles Omenihu

I would have gone Burns, Bush and @44 I'd have picked Gardner-Johnson or Thornhill.

With Burns and Gardner-Johnson I would lean toward OL now, so I'd take Bradbury.  He can back up all three IOL spots and compete for the RG spot immediately.  Irv Smith would be a possibility, but there are plenty of TEs not far behind him.

22 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

I would have gone Burns, Bush and @44 I'd have picked Gardner-Johnson or Thornhill.

With Burns and Gardner-Johnson I would lean toward OL now, so I'd take Bradbury.  He can back up all three IOL spots and compete for the RG spot immediately.  Irv Smith would be a possibility, but there are plenty of TEs not far behind him.

How can you pick Gardner Johnson if he would be off the board?

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

How can you pick Gardner Johnson if he would be off the board?

I didn't think the post was confusing.  I stated 'would have' in a theoretical sense.  Then took your scenario in the next paragraph.

I'm just of the opinion that GJ would've been available in the second round.  Not a big deal.

Archived