First 2019 Mock, One Round

badgers0821

1 hour ago, BowserBroncos said:

Awful for Denver. We won't trade up for Haskins with Lock available.

Sorry man, not putting Lock in the first round, most years he’s a 3rd round QB.  Actually as a semi-Chargers fan maybe I’ll give the Broncos Lock, the bust potential is so high it would put them back five years.  I’ll think about making that change for you.

49 minutes ago, badgers0821 said:

Sorry man, not putting Lock in the first round, most years he’s a 3rd round QB.  Actually as a semi-Chargers fan maybe I’ll give the Broncos Lock, the bust potential is so high it would put them back five years.  I’ll think about making that change for you.

I think he is better than Haskins as a prospect. Still not the best QB prospect I would prefer, but no way Lock falls out the first round (Broncos isn't the only team that is showing interest on him).

I'm not even expecting him to be available at 10 on draft day.

51 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

I think he is better than Haskins as a prospect. Still not the best QB prospect I would prefer, but no way Lock falls out the first round (Broncos isn't the only team that is showing interest on him).

Well some team is going to make a big mistake then, but I see your point.

17 hours ago, badgers0821 said:

First mock of 2019, will add more rounds as we get closer to the draft, comments welcome, thanks. 

Two trades:

Arizona send Josh Rosen to New England for pick #64

Denver send pick #10 and 2020 2nd round pick to Jacksonville for pick #7

1. ARI - Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma - I think this is going to be a colossal disaster but it really seems like they are enamored with this kid.

2. SF - Nick Bosa, EDGE, Ohio St - Niners take advantage of Cardinals blunder with arguably the best player in the draft.

3. NYJ - Josh Allen, EDGE, Kentucky - This dude blew up in 2018 and will provide a pass rush the Jets desperately need.

4. OAK - Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama - Oakland begins their busy first round with a difference maker up front

5. TB - Devin White, LB, LSU - The Bucs have a massive hole in the middle of their D and as luck would have it White is a perfect fit and a top 5 prospect so they don't have to reach to fill the void.

6. NYG - Ed Oliver, DT, Houston - The Giants could pull the trigger on Haskins but the next two drafts should provide with better prospects for the future.  Instead, they look to fortify the interior D-Line with one of the best in the class.

7. DEN (f/JAX) - Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio St - Denver sees Haskins slip and decide to move up and snag their QB of the future.

8. DET - Montez Sweat, EDGE, Miss St - Detroit has a huge need at DE/EDGE and go with one of the combine killers in Sweat.  He will fill in nicely for the loss of Ansah

9. BUF - Andrew Dillard, OT, Washington St - With the top two DT gone the Bills look to fortify their line and protect Josh Allen, which is a must.  Arguably the best pass protecting LT in the draft Dillard can slide in day 1.

10. JAX - TJ Hockenson, TE, Iowa - The Jaguars move back, pick up a 2020 2nd rounder and add the best pass catcher in the draft.  Foles needs weapons and Hockenson will be a great one.

11. CIN - Devin Bush, LB, Michigan - After cutting Burfict the Bengals need to fortify the middle of their D and do it with the rising Bush.

12. GB - DK Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss - Most Packer fans won't like this but the chance to grab the #1 WR in the draft for Rodgers is tough to pass on.  Packers could easily go EDGE (Burns/Ferrell) or OT (Taylor/Williams) with this pick but DK can help get the Pack O back to the top of the league

13. MIA - Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida - The Dolphins should wait until next year to draft their QB of the future, so why not protect the future today?

14. ATL - Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson - Atlanta has a need at DT and Wilkins is creeping up the boards, this is a need and good value.

15. WAS - Rashan Gary, EDGE, Michigan - The Skins need to beef up their pass rush opposite Kerrigan and Gary can bring the heat, when he wants to that is.  He will need to prove his desire and passion.

16. CAR - Brian Burns, DE/EDGE, Boston College - Panthers need pass rush bad and get it with Burns.

17. NYG (f/CLE) - Greedy Williams, CB, LSU - After picking up an interior pass rusher the Giants decide to shore up the back end of their D.  When the Giants have been good they have had good defenses, time to get back to that.

18. MIN - Jonah Williams, OL, Alabama - The Vikings have had OL troubles for the past few years so they need to address it.  Luckily, most of the OL should be available when they pick and they grab a good one here.

19. TEN - Clellin Ferrell, EDGE, Clemson - Quick pick for the Titans, they need pass rush and Ferrell falls into their lap.

20. PIT - Byron Murphy, CB, Washington - Although the Steelers lost a lot on offense they go the Steeler way and grab a good CB.

21. SEA - Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson - Lawrence will help solidify a Seahawk defense that struggled against the run last year for the first time since the 90s (at least it seems that way)

22. BAL - Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma - The Ravens need to put weapons around Jackson and Brown is a special, albeit small, WR out of Oklahoma

23. HOU - Garrett Bradbury, OL, NC State - OL, OL, OL...Bradburry has impressed since the season ended and the Texans could use his services to protect Watson.

24. OAK (f/CHI) - Noah Fant, TE, Iowa - They lose Cook, Carr needs weapons, Fant is a matchup nightmare, seems cut and dry for Gruden and Mayock

25. PHI - Cody Ford, OL, Alabama - I'm not sold on Jacobs and the Eagles can afford to grab base don BPA and continue to protect Wentz

26. IND - Jerry Tillery, DL, Notre Dame - The Colts need some beef up front, Tillery is moving up boards so this makes sense

27. OAK (f/DAL) - Jachai Polite, EDGE, Florida - The Raiders end their three pick 1st round with a high ceiling but high risk edge rusher out of Florida.

28. LAC - Nassir Adderley, S, Delaware - Pair Adderley with James and all of a sudden this defense has a formidable secondary, which is needed against the Chiefs in AFC West.

29. KC - DeAndre Baker, CB, Georgia - The Chiefs are a dynamic and potent offensive team but they need to shore up the defense.  One area they can improve is CB, which Baker can help with

30. GB (f/NO) - Dalton Risner, OT, Kansas St - Packers again go offense and this time beef up the OL.  When GB has a great offense they have had great OLs, they need to get back to that.

31. LAR - Jeffery Simmons, DT, Miss St. - Simmons comes with some big risk but the Rams can afford to take that risk for a potential top 10 prospect.  Donald and Simmons? 

32. NE - Irv Smith, TE, Alabama - Even before Gronk's retirement BRady needed new weapons, Smith can really open up defenses and would thrive with Brady.

No frickin way Packers select a WR in the #12 spot. 

14 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

No frickin way Packers select a WR in the #12 spot. 

Being a Packer fan myself I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility, no one knows which way Gutey will go now after FA.  That's what was so great about what we did, it leaves so many possibilities open.

19 minutes ago, badgers0821 said:

Being a Packer fan myself I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility, no one knows which way Gutey will go now after FA.  That's what was so great about what we did, it leaves so many possibilities open.

Gutey indeed put us in a good position.  However, next year we will probably lose Graham, Daniels, Bulaga and more.  No way can we do a WR who has questionable hands and no quickness.  We have a ton of speed and size already from last year ... why more at such a high pick?  We have much bigger fish to fry to fill holes this year and next. 

49 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Gutey indeed put us in a good position.  However, next year we will probably lose Graham, Daniels, Bulaga and more.  No way can we do a WR who has questionable hands and no quickness.  We have a ton of speed and size already from last year ... why more at such a high pick?  We have much bigger fish to fry to fill holes this year and next. 

I replaced Bulaga with Risner, I think they resign Daniels, Graham won't be let go unless he has another bad year, which I doubt he will.  The players I considered at #12 based on the board were Burns and Ferrell, but I went BPA with Metcalf, not often does the #1 WR fall out of the top 10.

9 hours ago, coachbuns said:

You can't pass on DK there. You have an extra pick you can find a future RT or whatever later. Rodgers with Davante and DK would be scary for any DC to face

20 minutes ago, badgers0821 said:
17 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Keim should be fired on the spot if all he gets for Josh Rosen is a late 2nd rd pick (64). On the spot!!!

Reports are out that it’s a third round pick...so late second is in line.

There's more Smoke being blown these days during the month leading up to the Draft then a post game get together at Randy Gregory's house.

On the spot!

On 3/27/2019 at 8:29 AM, BowserBroncos said:

I honestly don’t think Lock goes in the 1st. Broncos in the 2nd. 

Archived