Predict a projected Day 1, Day 2 & Day 3 player the Skins will draft.

All due respect to the one incredible game Doug Williams played in B&G, if we trade up for Haskins and he turns out to be Doug Williams — he’s a bust. 

The deep balls he was throwing at the combine reminded me of McNair (or Jeff Blake) with that incredible height and hang time. But he’s clearly a better QB than Blake, and he’s not close to the athlete McNair was in his youth. Same with Daunte Culpepper, who I think was somewhat similar as a passer, but again was more of a runner. 

I can see the Roethlisberger comparison. What about Carson Palmer? Big, not particularly mobile, has the arm to cut it loose but tends to check it down more than you’d think, developed in a football factory with a ton of talent around him.

55 minutes ago, e16bball said:

All due respect to the one incredible game Doug Williams played in B&G, if we trade up for Haskins and he turns out to be Doug Williams — he’s a bust. 

The deep balls he was throwing at the combine reminded me of McNair (or Jeff Blake) with that incredible height and hang time. But he’s clearly a better QB than Blake, and he’s not close to the athlete McNair was in his youth. Same with Daunte Culpepper, who I think was somewhat similar as a passer, but again was more of a runner. 

I can see the Roethlisberger comparison. What about Carson Palmer? Big, not particularly mobile, has the arm to cut it loose but tends to check it down more than you’d think, developed in a football factory with a ton of talent around him.

I like the Carson Palmer comparison too. I still like the Roethlisberger comparison more bc while neither is a burner who is going to break the pocket and run for 10-20 yards for first downs, they both are tough to bring down in the pocket and can extend plays that way.

21 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Haskins reminds me of Doug Williams, honestly.

They are very close in size & weight.

Neither was a scrambling QB or should I say both have limited mobility, but weren't slow either.

Similar arm strength, etc.

Maybe thats why Doug Williams, likes Haskins so much.

If Haskins is ANYTHING like Doug Williams?

Then yeah, Haskins would be good @15. Lol 😁

giphy.gif

44 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Mine vs what they probably do

my Day one- Devin Bush ILB

day 2-  Taylor Rapp FS

day 3-  dalton Risner OG Kelvin HarmonWR

their Day 1- Hockenson TE

Day 2- Grier QB

Day 3- Deebo Samuel WR, Darnell Savage S

You think Harmon & Samuel will last until day 3 aka the 4th round? I doubt that.

32 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

You think Harmon & Samuel will last until day 3 aka the 4th round? I doubt that.

Samuel probably not. Harmon ran slow and teams are knocking him. I love Harmon!!!! But a high 4.6 is great for me because he plays much faster!!! I love Harmon a lot I think he falls even though he’s the guy I think becomes the best in this class.

but I meant round 3 so to answer the question no. Those were my round 3 selections lol. Sorry fellas got a concussion Sunday so I’m messing up a few things lol

3 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Samuel probably not. Harmon ran slow and teams are knocking him. I love Harmon!!!! But a high 4.6 is great for me because he plays much faster!!! I love Harmon a lot I think he falls even though he’s the guy I think becomes the best in this class.

but I meant round 3 so to answer the question no. Those were my round 3 selections lol. Sorry fellas got a concussion Sunday so I’m messing up a few things lol

Yeah, I think I did the same thing tbh. 

Sorry you fell and got a concussion. I hope you get better soon.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, I think I did the same thing tbh. 

Sorry you fell and got a concussion. I hope you get better soon.

Thanks Turtle!!! My boss said maybe I should coach football nearing the big 30 instead of playing lol

On 4/3/2019 at 3:51 PM, BayRaider said:

You guys should get Ryan Finley in the 2nd. Most pro ready QB in this draft and super underrated. Alex Smith with an even better deep ball. 

Shhh... don't compare Finley to Alex Smith, you'll have a poster here go on a bumbling tirade.

edit: I know from experience.

Archived