Breshad Perriman: Was he better in his 10 games for Cleveland than his 3 seasons in Baltimore?

AngusMcFife

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I don't think you have to do that. They can think he was better with the Browns, and you can appraise him of a consistent value throughout his career. The topic isn't that controversial. You guys seem to be arguing the argument at this point.

I think so too. I seem to put more emphasis on his overall performance (hence the 31 yard avg. per game to the 34 yard avg. per game) while Diamondbull and the other guy put more emphasis on his yards per catch with the Browns.

If something can unite us, it is more likely that we with the Browns saw how Perriman was supposed to be used - and that he shouldn't have been a 1. round draft pick, but more likely the 3-4 round pick his skillset indicated. I think the 4.2 40 yard at his combine tricked some GM's.

18 hours ago, Danand said:

I mentioned several times that drops was the difference. 

Don't know what evidence you want. We established he was an efficient low volume player, who had a few games which really improved his yards per catch. Sry I can't make it more clear to you.

So if he was efficient, why do you insist on calling him inconsistent.

And more importantly, why do you insist on analyzing "games"? Pretty much every serious evaluator breaks down players based on individuals snaps, not games. That's a very regressive way of looking at things. Games are just arbitrary end points in a season long sample size. 

15 hours ago, Danand said:

You took the bolded statement and made it into something else than I argued. Several of those games he didn't have the production/yards per catch he had in other games. But I guess those games doesn't count because he had just been signed.

This is his stats page from 2018: http://www.nfl.com/player/breshadperriman/2552597/gamelogs

this is his stats page from 2016: http://www.nfl.com/player/breshadperriman/2552597/gamelogs?season=2016

If you can't see a pattern, I don't know what to say. His average with the Browns was 3 yards higher per game than with the Ravens. His last 4 games where much better than his first 5.

Analysis of "games" rather than individual snaps is just a dumb way of analyzing performance. 

13 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Oh, is this what you guys are arguing about?

Pretty straight forward stuff. He was further developed and better utilized in 2018 etc etc, which led to an increase in efficiency. In that sense he was absolutely a better player for the Browns in 2018, than for us in 2016. Not seeing the hang up eusa_think.gif.

Uh, well if Perriman was really improved in 2018, why did the Ravens cut him? 

This upward trajectory you speak of doesn't really make sense, because if he was indeed improved than the Ravens surely could have used him. 

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

Uh, well if Perriman was really improved in 2018, why did the Ravens cut him? 

This upward trajectory you speak of doesn't really make sense, because if he was indeed improved than the Ravens surely could have used him. 

His improvement happened after we cut him.

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

His improvement happened after we cut him.

I think it's more likely that he meshed well with Baker Mayfield than that he made substantial improvements to his game from September 1 to October 13 of 2018 (the time he was cut from the Ravens to the time he was signed by the Browns). 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2019 at 11:49 PM, paraven said:

Lol o yea? perriman went for 340 and 2 tds.. he sure tore it up in Cleveland. That's why they cut him..   

He was a FA. They wanted to re-sign him, but then they got OBJ. He asked to be released from that contract and they obliged. Perriman was awesome for Cleveland regardless of his statistical output. It'll probably prove to be more of a flash in the pan, but you can't ignore the flash. He was excellent every time he was called upon in Cleveland. I'm 99% sure he didn't drop a pass, he was awesome as a run blocker, and was always finding ways to get open. Also, he didn't start for us. He was a rotational player that wasn't going to get a ton of targets his way.

The short answer was yes, he was better in Cleveland in 10 games than he ever was for Baltimore.

15 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

He was a FA. They wanted to re-sign him, but then they got OBJ. He asked to be released from that contract and they obliged. Perriman was awesome for Cleveland regardless of his statistical output. It'll probably prove to be more of a flash in the pan, but you can't ignore the flash. He was excellent every time he was called upon in Cleveland. I'm 99% sure he didn't drop a pass, he was awesome as a run blocker, and was always finding ways to get open. Also, he didn't start for us. He was a rotational player that wasn't going to get a ton of targets his way.

The short answer was yes, he was better in Cleveland in 10 games than he ever was for Baltimore.

perriman will be out of the league in 2 years.

Perriman's problem is mental. He showed flashes here too, but after the 1st drop he was never the same. He is mentally weak. In Cleveland he didn't have a drop in the few games he played, so we never had a chance to see him playing under pressure while playing for the Browns. I don't think he will ever be more than a 3rd/4th receiver anywhere. He will never live up the 1st round status that he got undeservedly btw (dumb 1st round choice just because a 4.2 in the combine)

5 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

What are we doing with a 4 page thread on Breshad Perriman in 2019? 

He had more than his fair share of chances to establish himself in Baltimore. He didn't. He's gone.

idk either. 

Its why I originally let the discussion go in the random thoughts thread, but it kept going and going

Archived