8 GM Mock Draft; LET'S DRAFT!!!!!!!

EaglesPeteC

28 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

82 picks left between today and tomorrow.  

Let’s get this wrapped up before the real thing starts!

Trade me the picks I will get it done. Well could do with three more for Dolphins and one more for Steelers

CAROLINA PANTHERS draft is finished

16- Clellin Ferrell EDGE Clemson

Analysis: The Panthers biggest need is pass rush. They need both youth and numbers at EDGE so I sprinted to the podium to grab Ferrell, who would fit perfectly in the Panthers 4-3 scheme.

47- Hakeem Butler WR Iowa St

Analysis: I wanted to go S here as I know that is a big need for the Panthers, but I have a 1st Round grade on Butler so the value was too good to pass up. Butler can be what the Panthers wanted in Kelvin Benjamin and Devin Funchess but actually...good. I big, receiver who can win those 50/50 balls and in the red zone is a great compliment in the speed WR's they have already on the roster.

77- Michael Deiter OL Wisconsin 

Analysis: The Panthers need an upgrade at LG and the longterm future at T is in doubt with Daryl Williams being on a one year deal and having an extensive injury history. Deiter is one of my favorite OL prospects in this draft with the versatility to play all along the offensive line and will allow the Panthers to get their best 5 on the field to protect Cam.

Trade! Panthers trade pick 100 to the Packers for 114 and 150

114- David Montgomery RB Iowa St

Analysis: I adore this fit for both the Panthers and Montgomery. The Panthers rode McCaffrey hard last year and he held up great but is that really sustainable longterm? The Panthers bring in Montgomery to be a high level spell back for McCaffrey. One of the biggest knocks on Montgomery is that he was such a high volume player in college that he might not hold up for long in the NFL. In this scenario, playing in Carolina with a top back like the Panthers have could extend his career and he would be the ideal compliment back for Carolina.

115- Chuma Edoga T USC 

Analysis: Another one of my favorite players in the draft. Edoga needs some time and polish but has all the athletic skills to be a good LT in the NFL. The Panthers dont have a true LT so grabbing Edoga and letting him develop for a year is a great scenario for them.

150- Sheldrick Redwine S Miami

Analysis: Once I missed out on the 1st and 2nd Round safeties, I was content to wait until the 5th to grab Redwine. A CB/S hybrid, Redwine could compete and grow into a solid compliment to Eric Reid on the backend.

154- Dru Tranquill LB ND

Analysis: The Panthers finally let Thomas Davis walk and could use a talented LB in the pipeline. If it wasn't for Tranquill's extensive injury history, he'd be a much higher pick.

187- Jimmy Moreland CB JMU- a small school CB that is worth taking a shot on in the 6th that couple be a potential slot CB

How did I do @BringinDaPain and fellow 8GM mockers? 

Archived