Top 5 Defenses

Chiefer

There will be some drop off with the bears defense this year. Fangio was one of the best game planners and play callers on defense in the league. Chuck Pagano is a good coach as well but I just have a hard time seeing them cause so many turnovers as they did last year. They led the league with 36 takeaways. that rate just not sustainable year over year so I think there will be some drop off. 

The ravens will have a lot of new guys, so I expect a learning curve early.

Minnesota and Jacksonville could both have bounce back years on defense, especially if both of those offenses step up and do a better job of controlling the ball and scoring points, which will allow both teams to rush the passer a little more

Bills and Redskins both have amazing fronts. I particularly like the redskins front 7. If Ruben foster is healthy, they have some hitters on that defense and are pretty complete overall. Both teams have young QBs and rely on the run game as well, which will help chew clock and keep the defense fresh. 

Chargers defense has a lot of upside. That NE playoff game just left a bad taste in my mouth, otherwise I would probably pick them.

Statistically, I really think it helps having a serviceable offense to not leave you with short fields, keep you fresh, and potentially force other teams to pass or be more aggressive so that you can force more turnovers

• Like 1

Surprised no love for the Browns. Their front 4 looks tough and they have a pair corners that will be tough to throw against. 

I’m going to say 

1) Buffalo

2) Jax

3) Chi

4) Chargers

5) Indy

6) CLE

7) PIT

8) Arizona

9) Redskins

10) Minny

Edited by SDotNova

8 hours ago, ACO said:

I think the Bears, Cowboys, Jags, and Chargers will be the most dangerous defenses. 

I also think the Redskins, Jets, Titans could be sneaky good this year as well.

I could see us being a pesky/tough team with how good we are up the middle and with Gregg Williams DC. But I think we will fall just outside the top 10. Not having a high end edge or corner hurts us.

Edited by SDotNova

22 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

The Vikings have finished top 4 (yards allowed) in the last 3 seasons. And top 10 in points allowed the last 4 seasons. 

Not saying they will be the best or even top 3. But I definitely think they are under-rated on here. 

Tbh we lost the benefit of the doubt after last season.  All of the teams we held under 20 points (six times) were terrible and didnt win more than 6 games, outside of Miami which won 7 and was basically hot garbage as the season went on.  Xavier Rhodes played horrible and Waynes wasnt much better.  We dont have a secondary that can cover anymore unless Rhodes magically returns to form, which I'm not banking on.  I think we're in the 15-20 range at absolute best

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just waiting for the Chiefs to trade for Patrick Peterson before mentioning them in this thread.

They are going to have a better Dline than the Chargers who seem to be a popular pick in this thread, both for the starting unit and the depth.

The secondary should be good too if they can get PP.

I guess top 10 would be more realistic but some people will be shocked to see that defense.

It's all young blood right in their prime or potentially on the rise on that defense with what looks like a good coaching staff.