***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Deadpulse

11 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Sorry but it is definitely inconsistent to go from standing toe to toe with a Thanos with 4 infiinity stones to getting one shot by a Thanos with no infinity stones regardless of what happened to Hulk. Tony also had the luxury of fighting him before so it’s not like he went in to battle with no experience against his opponent.

Also 5 years shouldn’t matter. His suit is what takes the major brunt of the damage not Tony himself.

In Infinity War, he was also going at Thanos with a plan in place. And while he had experience fighting Thanos before, the main goal previously was to take the gauntlet away from him. This time, it was without a real plan and Thanos had a different fighting style with his sword.

3 minutes ago, Xenos said:

In Infinity War, he was also going at Thanos with a plan in place. And while he had experience fighting Thanos before, the main goal previously was to take the gauntlet away from him. This time, it was without a real plan and Thanos had a different fighting style with his sword.

Uhhh you're forgetting the plan went south and he had to fight him alone and without Thor and CA.

And I don't care what the plan was. 4 Infinity stones>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sword and armor Thanos had on Earth.

2 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Well if you remember their plan went down the tube after Quill couldnt keep his cool. Iron Man’s 1 on 1 battle with Thanos happened after Quill ruined the plan so he battled him with no plan. I’ll agree with you on the different fighting styles, however he shouldn’t have come close to getting one shot if he didn’t get one shot when Thanos had 4 stones.

3 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Well if you remember their plan went down the tube after Quill couldnt keep his cool. Iron Man’s 1 on 1 battle with Thanos happened after Quill ruined the plan so he battled him with no plan. I’ll agree with you on the different fighting styles, however he shouldn’t have come close to getting one shot if he didn’t get one shot when Thanos had 4 stones.

Maybe I'm seeing things differently from this fight then. You're right that he didn't get one shot. But the fight basically ends pretty quickly. With Tony landing a lucky shot to make Thanos bleed.

Edited by Xenos

2 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Maybe I'm seeing things differently from this fight then. You're right that he didn't get one shot. But the fight basically ends pretty quickly. With Tony landing a lucky shot to make Thanos bleed.

I counted 1 blast he withstood from the power stone, and 8 punches by a Thanos powered by 4 infinity stones before he went down. That’s a pretty far cry from what happened to him in Endgame.

On 4/27/2019 at 4:41 PM, Calvert28 said:

Theres a reasont correct the narrative though. False propaganda, I love Marvel but what they are putting out just isn't true.

Black Panther is wholely unique. At least in America.

On 4/27/2019 at 4:52 PM, Calvert28 said:

Lmao no. Disney is smarter then that. They just have every brought and paid for journalist put it out there that it was.

Like one article that had the nerve to say that Wesley Snipes wasn't the first black Superhero, he just happened to be a Superhero that was black or some ridiculous crap while building up Black Panther.

I think the point is that if you switch Blade out with a white actor, nothing would really change. You can't do that with Black Panther.

On 4/27/2019 at 7:31 PM, BleedTheClock said:

This movie was amazing. The first 2 hours were good. When Thanos showed up and destroyed the Avengers facility, it went from an A to an A++++. They nailed it. 

Also not a fan of Cap passing the shield to Falcon, but it literally took nothing away from the movie for me. My only dislike was Hulk being nerfed the whole time. I wanted to see him rage after the tease we got in IW. 

He would get beat down by Thanos again. I think it was wise to go a different direction.

On 4/27/2019 at 8:52 PM, dtait93 said:

Just got back from my 2nd viewing and noticed a couple things...

Shout out to Matthew Berry in the 2012 New York scene 😂😂

When Steve is about to go back in time to put the Infinity stones in their rightful timeline, Bucky knew he wasn’t going to come back. He said, “I’ll miss you” to Steve and seconds later Hulk said to Sam that it will only take 5 seconds in their time for Steve to come back, but Steve will take as long as he needs while he’s going back in time. He also smirked after he called Sam to look at old man Steve on the bench like he knew what happened.

In regards to Steve and putting the stones back in their timeline...has anyone thought about how he put the soul stone back? Thor made it seem like it would be possible to get Natasha back since they have the infinity stones, but Clint said it was impossible based on what Red Skull told him. If it is somehow possible to bring her back, could the new Black Widow movie coming out be about how Steve returns the soul stone to restore her and her quest to return to earth?

The all women scene at the end was a cool scene and all but thinking about it logically...it doesn’t make any sense. Like how did they all so happen to end up at the same place at the same time and what happened to all of the men? Were they just fighting minions while the women took on the Black Order and what seemed like the majority of Thanos’ army lol? Also, Okoye one shotting Corvus Glaive was stupid. How does he go toe to toe with the likes of Cap and Scarlet Witch in Infinity War to just getting one shot the moment he enters combat against the women in Endgame lol?

Hulk was completely wasted. Pretty dumb how they nerfed him into the ground but Danvers, who is more overpowered, stayed at the same power level.

Tony’s death was definitely foreshadowed in the beginning of the movie when he’s in space recording his one more surprise message through his helmet. The right side of it was basically destroyed just like the right side of his face was destroyed after he snapped at the end of the movie.

I did like it better the second time. It was much easier for me to process things

Doesn't he get stronger based on how angry he gets. He was nerfed the moment Banner and Hulk combined.

On 4/28/2019 at 8:24 AM, dtait93 said:

Nobody said she has anything to do with it. But naturally in a super hero film you will compare the power level of one hero to another. Hulk was too powerful so they nerfed him, yet Captain Marvel is even more powerful so they.....kept her the same? It’s inconsistent writing

For me, they can get away with it because of the previous movies, which helped establish and develop the characters. It's not entirely perfect but it makes sense for the most part within the MCU. The Hulk in the Avengers would probably hold his ground better against Thanos than the one in IW or even the one in Thor 3.

23 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Doesn't he get stronger based on how angry he gets. He was nerfed the moment Banner and Hulk combined.

He was nerfed in Infinity War - got beat up effortlessly by a Thanos with no infinity stones, didn't get stronger as he became angier, and was scared to come out the rest of the movie...when has Hulk ever been scared of a fight? And not even a fight against Thanos, but at the end of the movie a fight against Black Dwarf? Just stupid.

On 4/28/2019 at 8:33 PM, Broncofan said:

Actually it makes sense.  Follow me here. 

Cap knows Dr. Strange saw 1 outcome that wins out of 14+ million.   This one.  So as much as he hates it - he doesn’t alter the timeline.  

He saves Bucky earlier - maybe the butterfly effect never gets them a shot to reverse Thanos’ snap.  It could create a better short term outcome but prevent the one single path to survive IW Thanos.   Stark’s line after Thanos’s surprise attack - you mess around with Time, Time will swing back.   Cap would have known all of this in his return back.  

The fact Peggy never told Steve who she married - tells me that they knew not to interfere with the timeline.   Hard for Cap to do?   Absolutely.  

But in the words of Steven Strange - it was the only way.   Like he gestured to Stark - 1 way.  Time travel Cap kept it that way by staying on the sidelines after returning the stones.  

I supposed the ending with him not revealing who he married as well is a callback to that idea.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

dissapointed in the mysgonistic views of some in here. If you have a problem with a 10 second moment of the Female characters taking on Thanos then that’s just a poor reflection on you as a person. With all the male only scenes in the MCU there is absolutely nothing wrong with that scene 

I saw it a 2nd time and it wasn't bad at all. If you think about the logistical likelihood of all the female warriors being at that exact place at that exact time in a huge battle, then it doesn't make sense. But it's a comic book movie full of fan service...no reason to dwell on something so silly as logistics in a battle against alien space dogs and such.

My only thing was thinking Captain Marvel needed any help at all considering she just took down a giant warship alone in 10 seconds.

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

He was nerfed in Infinity War - got beat up effortlessly by a Thanos with no infinity stones, didn't get stronger as he became angier, and was scared to come out the rest of the movie...when has Hulk ever been scared of a fight? And not even a fight against Thanos, but at the end of the movie a fight against Black Dwarf? Just stupid.

I will say this...while the nerfing of hulk was one of my least favorite moments...I saw this theory that makes a ton of sense.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbook.com/marvel/amp/2019/03/25/avengers-infinity-war-why-thanos-beat-hulk-first/