***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Deadpulse

6 minutes ago, D82 said:

Now that could be an interesting way to introducing the next 'Big Bad'. Have Carol go up against Kang and lose at the end of CM 2, leading to her having to reach out for assistance from the Avengers. 

And maybe in the mean time on Earth, the X-Men and mutants in general are being introduced and making their appearance. 

See the only way I could see them bringing in mutants is by merging the universes. Only way I could see that happening was with the infinity stones. I dont see how they can show established mutants without it unless that's another thing to do with Hank Pym. 

7 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

See the only way I could see them bringing in mutants is by merging the universes. Only way I could see that happening was with the infinity stones. I dont see how they can show established mutants without it unless that's another thing to do with Hank Pym. 

I could see them saying that as a by-product of the snap, evolution took a different turn. 

Dunno...I'm not as familiar with the comic books as some, so I'm sure that there is some storyline or plot device that they can pull from in order to bring in mutants. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I can't remember the exact quote, but the snap put out a wave of energy unlike anything ever seen before. Then there was Tony's snap at the end as well. Those blasts of energy could be what creates mutants.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I can't remember the exact quote, but the snap put out a wave of energy unlike anything ever seen before. Then there was Tony's snap at the end as well. Those blasts of energy could be what creates mutants.

I agree that it can. But it would create "new" mutants. But that's not what we want though. Charles Xavier is decades of molding, we would be seeing the early beginnings of all of these characters without any real development occuring until years later. Logan is over a hundred years old. They can easily introduce mutants into this universe. But its the established mutants that everyone wants to see though.

12 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I agree that it can. But it would create "new" mutants. But that's not what we want though. Charles Xavier is decades of molding, we would be seeing the early beginnings of all of these characters without any real development occuring until years later. Logan is over a hundred years old. They can easily introduce mutants into this universe. But its the established mutants that everyone wants to see though.

Maybe through some sort of time anomaly the are brought into our universe?

Just now, Calvert28 said:

That's what Im wondering is how they would do that.

It's going to be interesting, that's for sure. I mean they wouldn't acquire the rights to the X-Men if they don't plan on bringing them in at some point. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet but apparently when everyone is coming through the portals for the final battle Howard the Duck comes through...I didn't catch it when I watched.

I've seen it twice and really paid attention during that scene. I didn't see him or anything that looked like it'd be him. Maybe I just missed it, but there weren't any surprises outside of Pepper in a suit.

2 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I've seen it twice and really paid attention during that scene. I didn't see him or anything that looked like it'd be him. Maybe I just missed it, but there weren't any surprises outside of Pepper in a suit.

He's to the right of the wasp when she returns.

14 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Just watched it again and I didn't see him. But I did notice Pepper didn't even give Tony a "I love you" farewell.

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Just watched it again and I didn't see him. But I did notice Pepper didn't even give Tony a "I love you" farewell.

I'm not even gonna lie...it almost seemed like she wanted him to go lol

• Like 1

. If Thanos can use the Time Stone to turn time back to before vision was destroyed. Why couldnt Strange just use the time stone to reverse time on Tony and only Tony like he did? The time stone itself has shown such ability in the past. 

7 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Felt like she assured him that they'd be fine and that he had succeeded so he could finally rest.

• Like 1