***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Deadpulse

2 hours ago, August4th said:

hope they make Noah Hawley's 'Doctor Doom' film.

It would be a nice turn to do it as a "fall-from-grace/ascendancy-to-evil" tone and use that as a way to intro the F4, rather than yet another F4 movie.  Make the 4 cursory or side-players to Doom who don't actually formally form or becomes in anyway comfortable with their powers until the climax, and even then they end up needing help from an outside entity to subdue Doom.  Then have Doom pull off a credits-scene escape (basically he assumes the Loki role) and find a way to do a credits-scene reveal of him in Latverian/Castle Doom splendor.

Whether or not they do Secret Wars (which, yes, I agree they should too), I want freaking Battleworld.  Which would mean some form of The Beyonder - which I figure we'll get one of either him or Galactus or we get one character with qualities of both (I don't think we're going to get Galactus first and then The Beyonder making him his b), since you've got to power the Beyonder down at some point.

5 hours ago, D82 said:

No...I agree that there needs to be more done to flesh out the character. But there's a lot there to work with. And I trust that we'll get that in CM2 and future projects she's involved with.

I was being sarcastic.

But I agree and the Skrulls would make sense. Personally I hope the next big baddie they face isn't seeking to dominate or destroy the universe. I hope it's someoone who is strong enough to beat them all while having a personal grudge against them.

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I was being sarcastic.

But I agree and the Skrulls would make sense. Personally I hope the next big baddie they face isn't seeking to dominate or destroy the universe. I hope it's someoone who is strong enough to beat them all while having a personal grudge against them.

In captain marvel, they seem to make an emphasis on talo's daughter...what if he died during the snap but she didn't so she doesn't get the right up bringing? and leads the evil skrulls? I read someone that they theorized that she is Queen Veranke

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

In captain marvel, they seem to make an emphasis on talo's daughter...what if he died during the snap but she didn't so she doesn't get the right up bringing? and leads the evil skrulls? I read someone that they theorized that she is Queen Veranke

Yea, it definitely needs to be the Skrulls this time with the Kree being right and CM being wrong at wanting them under control and accounted for. But another big baddie would help, someone totally unaccounted for that can go toe to toe with all 3 CM, SW, and Adam Warlock when he eventually turns into a ally. Someone like Sentry, that is uber powerful but not totally omnipotent.

• Like 1

There's so many different directions than can go with....can't wait to see which path the story takes. FFH hints at a multiverse which could enable certain characters brought in sooner (hint: mutants/X-Men). Looking forward to going to see it. 

On 4/27/2019 at 6:30 PM, seminoles1 said:

I can see an issue with not saying goodbye to everyone, but I think that would have made him question going back.  He made his decision and didn't want anything making him second guess it.

They also played it like he told Bucky what he was going to do. We just didn’t see it. 

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Well the snap occurred about 20 years after that movie.

21 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

All that said.  They noted that Thanos' snap sent out a massive wave of gamma waves throughout the universe (how they were able to find him in The Garden, why Hulk was the only Avenger strong enough to wield the Gauntlet without it killing him, New Rockstars mentioned a couple other throwbacks to gamma energy dating back to Whedon's Avengers movies too).  Gamma energy exposure is what gave Banner his Hulk powers, so... uh...  built-in explanation for the creation of mutants (at least in one thread of the multi-verse)?

• Like 1

I don't like the idea of mutants suddenly appearing.  That would be neglecting the fact that Wolverine is like 100 years old.  I feel like it's best if the mutants have been present throughout everything, but kinda in hiding.

Just really wonder what might have been had Disney owned X-Men from the beginning.  How would things be different right now? 

Edited by Outpost31

I've got to think that new Spiderman trailer (and discussion on the Multiverse) is where the mutants are going to come from.

Then again, I haven't gotten a single thing right with these damn movies. So, who knows?

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

All that said.  They noted that Thanos' snap sent out a massive wave of gamma waves throughout the universe (how they were able to find him in The Garden, why Hulk was the only Avenger strong enough to wield the Gauntlet without it killing him, New Rockstars mentioned a couple other throwbacks to gamma energy dating back to Whedon's Avengers movies too).  Gamma energy exposure is what gave Banner his Hulk powers, so... uh...  built-in explanation for the creation of mutants (at least in one thread of the multi-verse)?

You could also argue that the use of the time stone in the snap also sent gamma radiation through time. So it sent radiation back 40 years in one multiverse and that’s how Xavier has his skills honed by the time he shows up. 

56 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I don't like the idea of mutants suddenly appearing.  That would be neglecting the fact that Wolverine is like 100 years old.  I feel like it's best if the mutants have been present throughout everything, but kinda in hiding.

Just really wonder what might have been had Disney owned X-Men from the beginning.  How would things be different right now? 

Like I said, if they don't bring Wolverine back for 5-10 years, I'd actually prefer that.  If anything, I'd prefer Logan be the recurring Easter egg for half-a-decade or more (small things like someone in a military group photo who could be him with the photo framed and on someone like Fury's or Frank Castle's - if they introduce him - desk; or a dog-tag that's partially covered and reads "James"); you have the opportunity for some kids to grow up waiting and waiting for the Wolverine reveal and it finally comes when they're a teenager or a young adult and the kind of in-theater reaction you'll get would be huge.

I don't like the gamma theory as being the origin either, but it's a plausible one.  I look at it this way, with the attention paid to astrophysics and at least referencing certain principles and physicists that Feige and the Russo's paid to time travel for Endgame, I feel pretty secure that when Feige does greenlight mutants, it might not be a straight up comic-canon explanation, but it won't be a just "Oh, we snapped our fingers and now mutants are a thing."

16 minutes ago, pwny said:

You could also argue that the use of the time stone in the snap also sent gamma radiation through time. So it sent radiation back 40 years in one multiverse and that’s how Xavier has his skills honed by the time he shows up. 

Yeah, there's a lot of stuff that could come into play.  The Twins (Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver) got their powers from experimentation on them by Hydra using the Scepter/Mind Stone, so use of the Time, Reality, and Mind stones all together could have created a reaction.  Again, basic physics says, every action creates an equal and opposite reaction - so perhaps for every enhanced individual originally snapped away across the universe an equal amount were created/empowered throughout history.  You go back 4-5 generations and that can create a decent-sized population size by the 21st century - especially when (if they decide to keep this part of the canon) the X-gene is linked to the Y-chromosome so men don't just have to have fathered mutant children with their spouses.