***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Deadpulse

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Man, looking at that upcoming slate of movies... I have no interest in the MCU anymore until X-Men.  Anybody else feeling this way? 

Looking forward to Spider-man since Homecoming is easily one of my top 4 MCU films

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The problem is less about the power level and more the lack of character growth. Which comes with quality writing I will grant.

While the other heros all had obvious character flaws (Arrogance, An inability to perceive shades of Gray, brashness and a temper) that they needed to grow into, Marvel didn't. 

Her transformation was . . . Coming to believe in herself? I feel like this was intentionally targeted towards young women who many feel lack self esteem.

But at the same time she was created confident at the beginning, to display those same characteristics for those same reasons.

She didn't go anywhere. Which is tough because the only real direction you can go from that starting point is to be humbled. But how do you humble the most powerful being in the universe?

Careful now youre being misogynistic by suggesting she needs flaws to be interesting. 

Didn't go through the whole thread, pretty sure this is not the first time it got asked. 

How did Cap America end up on the same time line at the end of the movie, when he went back to an alternate past? 

I most probably misunderstood how the whole time line thing worked for this. 

At a whole I enjoyed the movie, fitting end to a franchise I am wondering what happens to the whole Ironman franchise. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xenos said:

They need a way to show her that her powers can't always solve the problem. Give her choices that result in deaths. Provide more grey and consequences. The next movie should probably take place before Endgame, and show her travels in space. If they handle it right, we could actually get a Secret War.

Yeah i was thinking that something involving the Skrulls again would make sense.  He powers don't really help her root them out.

Basically instead of giving her punching bag enemies, give her a puzzle to solve.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Careful now youre being misogynistic by suggesting she needs flaws to be interesting. 

No...I agree that there needs to be more done to flesh out the character. But there's a lot there to work with. And I trust that we'll get that in CM2 and future projects she's involved with.

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Man, looking at that upcoming slate of movies... I have no interest in the MCU anymore until X-Men.  Anybody else feeling this way? 

I'll still watch the movies but for casual fans, can Marvel bring them in since all the big names are now gone.

49 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:
9 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I'll still watch the movies but for casual fans, can Marvel bring them in since all the big names are now gone.

I'll probably go back to what i did before.  Wait until they come out on a streaming service and watch it then.  I've only went to a few of these in theaters.

IW, CM, Ant Man and the Wasp, Endgame (so the last 4).  I think the rest i've watched at home for the first time.  Having kids under 5 makes it hard to see movies in the theaters, and we've almost always used our one theater night/year on Fast and Furious movies lol.

I'm looking forward to them all, and my boys will be pumped to see them opening weekend no matter which one it is.  In regards to my personal level of excitement, i'd rank the rumored properties coming over the next 3-4 years that we know about as such:

1. Dr Strange 2
  2. Guardians of the Galaxy 3
  3. Ant-Man 3
  4. Spider-Man: Far From Home
  5. Black Widow
  6. Black Panther 2
  7. Shang-Chi
  8. Captain Marvel 2
  9. The Eternals (mostly because I have no clue about these characters)

I hope they come up with better names than having the sequential number at the end.  Which looks better?:

Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3

or

Captain America: The First Avenger
Captain America: The Winter Solider
Captain America: Civil War

I much prefer an actual reference to the movie above the main characters name.

• Like 1

Who is the next main villain?  Do they start teasing Apocalypse?  Galactus?  That lack of a post-scene really killed me.  I have nothing to be excited about.  For 10 years I've had something to be excited about. 

Iron Man's hints of other characters.
The Incredible Hulk with Iron Man cameo and the excitement of something big and connected.
Thor continued that.
Avengers brought them all together.
More characters, teases of Thanos, hints at new characters being introduced...

I feel like they really have to hint the big picture of the next phase soon.  Gotta hint at something big coming, not just sequels. 

I feel like I'm one of the few who loves Doctor Strange, but solo battles really can't get me excited anymore and I really have to get a hint of the big picture moving forward. 

Will they tease an X-Men/Avengers battle?  I don't know how they'd be able to do that.  I know they could do it the same way they did Civil War with the Avengers and X-Men stubborn over something small while also being a civil type of war, but that just doesn't seem right for the Avengers to not fight WITH the X-Men, unless they confuse motives with Magneto stirring up drama and such. 

I need that major tease like the one we got at the end of Avengers. 

31 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I feel like they really have to hint the big picture of the next phase soon.  Gotta hint at something big coming, not just sequels. 

I think we'll see something at the end of FFH.

Also, it's not like we don't have anything.  We know Adam Warlock is coming, and we also think we know that Namur is coming.  Maybe that's not complete big picture, but we didn't have a real good sense of the complete picture in phase 1 until after Avengers.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, theJ said:

I think we'll see something at the end of FFH.

Also, it's not like we don't have anything.  We know Adam Warlock is coming, and we also think we know that Namur is coming.  Maybe that's not complete big picture, but we didn't have a real good sense of the complete picture in phase 1 until after Avengers.

Yeah FFH wasn't bumped back up into phase 3 unless it setups phase 4 which from the trailer it already has

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

99% sure we get a Robert Downey Jr. cameo in holograph form for the next major team-up movie. 

I'm actually thinking he's going to be an AI - much like Friday was for Tony. 

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Who is the next main villain?  Do they start teasing Apocalypse?  Galactus?  That lack of a post-scene really killed me.  I have nothing to be excited about.  For 10 years I've had something to be excited about. 

Iron Man's hints of other characters.
The Incredible Hulk with Iron Man cameo and the excitement of something big and connected.
Thor continued that.
Avengers brought them all together.
More characters, teases of Thanos, hints at new characters being introduced...

I feel like I'm one of the few who loves Doctor Strange, but solo battles really can't get me excited anymore and I really have to get a hint of the big picture moving forward. 

Will they tease an X-Men/Avengers battle?  I don't know how they'd be able to do that.  I know they could do it the same way they did Civil War with the Avengers and X-Men stubborn over something small while also being a civil type of war, but that just doesn't seem right for the Avengers to not fight WITH the X-Men, unless they confuse motives with Magneto stirring up drama and such. 

I need that major tease like the one we got at the end of Avengers. 

An X-Men/Avengers bit is probably in the works - too soon IMoOunless they leave Logan out (which I'm confident they won't) - but I'd put money on it being executed similarly to the way Civil War was.  Fantastic Four would be an easier (and with the way things stand following Endgame would be a more logcial progression) introduction, but Disney's going to want those marketing materials to the kids (Hulk fists, Ironman masks, Cap's shield --> Logan's claws, Cyclops' visor).

Whether they go FF or X-Men, the progression with the way things got left after Endgame would seem to lead to the next big, big (penultimate) baddie being Galactus - which would work because that's definitely someone who could lay the smackdown on Captain Marvel, and could technically weaponize her against the heroes and/or the universe.

Yeah, that major tease would be nice, but we're more or less back to the beginning of Phase One (or at furthest, say, Iron Man 2 and Dark World).  There needs to be a bit of a cool-off period to get things back to localized enemies before jumping into another huge, all-encompassing baddies.  The strongest villain I'd pull in at this point would be a Doctor Doom level.  And in a way it would be kind of poetic because you've just removed Tony Stark, so it twists the knife a little more of the principal "level boss" so to speak for this next phase is in many ways akin to an evil Tony Stark (and I'm not talking a scrub like Justin Hammer here); you need a genius-level inventor with seemingly unlimited assets and wealth at his disposal.

• Like 1