***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Deadpulse

13 hours ago, Xenos said:

I think the point is that if you switch Blade out with a white actor, nothing would really change. You can't do that with Black Panther.

Oh I know what they meant and that's what I would call racist. It's based on ethnicity not by culture. There are many people of different backgrounds wearing the same clothes, listening to the same music, regardless of what culture that belongs to that does not make them that race.

13 hours ago, Xenos said:

Doesn't he get stronger based on how angry he gets. He was nerfed the moment Banner and Hulk combined.

Nope they nerfed him to hell. He was like early based Hulk who was just a Frankenstein type monster. Doesn't get stronger, doesn't heal fast, he's just big and strong.

11 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

I will say this...while the nerfing of hulk was one of my least favorite moments...I saw this theory that makes a ton of sense.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbook.com/marvel/amp/2019/03/25/avengers-infinity-war-why-thanos-beat-hulk-first/

Except he doesn't get stronger and the Russo's specifically state Thanos is just a brilliant fighter. Hulk was more sport to him then anything else.

20 hours ago, dtait93 said:

I counted 1 blast he withstood from the power stone, and 8 punches by a Thanos powered by 4 infinity stones before he went down. That’s a pretty far cry from what happened to him in Endgame.

Who know then. Maybe it was a directional choice since Steve got one shot in Infinity War, so the directors decided that he gets a chance to shine/last longer against Thanos than Tony this time. Or it was just dumb luck that Tony got taken out so quickly. Hopefully the Russos get a chance to address this question one day.

It was actually nice to watch that Easter Egg video a few pages back. It helps explain some of the decisions they made even though it didn't make senses context wise in the movie. The infamous all girl scene, for example, was a reference to A Force.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Just saw it.  Amazing.  So happy for Captain America.  So sad for Iron Man.  Excellent movie.  Now to read through the spoiler thread that I've somehow managed to avoid for two weeks. 

Glad you were able to avoid spoilers for that long. i mostly survived except for one incident where someone alluded to Iron Man dying.

As someone who didn't really care for Captain Marvel that much, I still feel that there's a way to turn the character around. They just need better writers and a better script IMO. It's essentially like making a good Superman movie. It's harder because the protagonist is so powerful but it can still be done. Heck, I didn't even care about Thor that much until Ragnarok.

16 minutes ago, Xenos said:

As someone who didn't really care for Captain Marvel that much, I still feel that there's a way to turn the character around. They just need better writers and a better script IMO. It's essentially like making a good Superman movie. It's harder because the protagonist is so powerful but it can still be done. Heck, I didn't even care about Thor that much until Ragnarok.

The problem is less about the power level and more the lack of character growth. Which comes with quality writing I will grant.

While the other heros all had obvious character flaws (Arrogance, An inability to perceive shades of Gray, brashness and a temper) that they needed to grow into, Marvel didn't. 

Her transformation was . . . Coming to believe in herself? I feel like this was intentionally targeted towards young women who many feel lack self esteem.

But at the same time she was created confident at the beginning, to display those same characteristics for those same reasons.

She didn't go anywhere. Which is tough because the only real direction you can go from that starting point is to be humbled. But how do you humble the most powerful being in the universe?

57 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The problem is less about the power level and more the lack of character growth. Which comes with quality writing I will grant.

While the other heros all had obvious character flaws (Arrogance, An inability to perceive shades of Gray, brashness and a temper) that they needed to grow into, Marvel didn't. 

Her transformation was . . . Coming to believe in herself? I feel like this was intentionally targeted towards young women who many feel lack self esteem.

But at the same time she was created confident at the beginning, to display those same characteristics for those same reasons.

She didn't go anywhere. Which is tough because the only real direction you can go from that starting point is to be humbled. But how do you humble the most powerful being in the universe?

They need a way to show her that her powers can't always solve the problem. Give her choices that result in deaths. Provide more grey and consequences. The next movie should probably take place before Endgame, and show her travels in space. If they handle it right, we could actually get a Secret War.

41 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

^Make her fight a more powerfuler being in the universe.

That would probably be the easy way out, and something that the MCU will probably do. Though I hope not.