2019 NFL Draft Thread v5.0

BayRaider

IMO... the Raiders are locked in on Quinnen and all the smoke is to hopefully get him to fall to 4. They want to get after the passer and Q gives them that. He's gone, Oliver is the pick unless they can trade down.

Also, I see them being locked in on Jacobs. He's a prototype  Gruden back. Physical, blocks, catches passes. 

Those 2 player imo are locks for them if they are there when on the clock.

I think the Raiders big board at 4 is this:

1. K Murray - I think there's truth to the Murray appeal for Gruden, but I also see him going #1. If you believe the rumors that Gruden prefers Haskins to Murray, this is your surprise pick. I'm opting not to believe it, I also strongly believe Murray goes #1, and even more sure he's gone by 4. 1% chance he's a Raider at 4.

2. N Bosa - best edge rusher. Won't make it to 4, I am as sure of that as any prospect. 0% chance we get him at 4.

3. Q Williams - for all the reasons big_p outlined. All-around stud. Should be considered the favorite, and has a good chance of being there if we can catch 1 break (Allen to Jets, Redskins trade up for Haskins, etc). 60% chance he's a Raider at 4.

4. D White - hell of a player, face of the defense, position of need. This could be the surprise pick buzz. This surprise wouldn't hurt. If top 3 go Murray/Bosa/Q, I think he's our guy. 30% chance he's a Raider at 4.

The remaining 9% goes to the field...Josh Allen, Dwayne Haskins, Ed Oliver. That's how I see it at this point.

6 minutes ago, Geezy said:

What kind of compensation would it take for y’all to be Ok with moving down to 15?

no idea where the chart value puts it... but if they are moving up for a QB, I want their 1st next year. 
Then ideally their 2nd, but could settle with their 3rd this year. 

16 minutes ago, Geezy said:

What kind of compensation would it take for y’all to be Ok with moving down to 15?

15, There 2nd this year 3rd this year and next years second. 

The value you would need to make up from pick 4 to 15 is about 800 

You can ask for next years first this years first and this years second as well, but the Redskins would be over paying 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

White guys with long hair.... very astute comparison. 

Cowser: 6’3” 248 with 32 7/8” arms 

Winovich: 6’3” 256 32 3/4” arms 

40 time: Cowser (4.82), Winovich (4.59)

Vert: Cowser (31.5”), Winovich (30.5”)

Bench: Cowser (21), Winovich (18)

Broad: Cowser (9’3”), Winovich (9’8”)

3-Cone: Cowser (6.80), Winovich (6.94)

20-yard shuttle: Cowser (4.31), Winovich (4.11)

Scouting report on Cowser: Cowser's above average hand usage, diversity of attack and relentless motor were the keys to his FCS success, but he has to prove he is athletic enough and strong enough to become a productive NFL starter as a 3-4 outside linebacker.

Scouting report on Winovich: Physical edge defender who plays the game like he has zombie blood pumping through his veins. Winovich is relentless, determined and takes no plays off, but his lack of physical traits and explosiveness as a rusher could limit his upside.

10 hours ago, Trojan said:

Could be:
4.  Devin White (you think Josh Allen is a risk? Bosa and Quinnen are also low risk imo, these four are all good safe bets at 4)
24. Christian Wilkins
27. Chris Lindstrom
35. Irv Smith Jr.

That's pretty low risk and not a traditional mock

Christian Wilkins won’t play over Hurst/Hall and doesn’t do much for our pass rush. This would be a terrible outcome because we didn’t address edge at all.

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

15, There 2nd this year 3rd this year and next years second. 

I was going to say 15, next years 1st, and a 2nd. Colts got 3 2nds from Jets to move from 6 to 3. I understand it's a bit different this year, but I think we need at least next year's first and a 2nd. Their first next year will likely be a high one so it should shake out pretty well if that were to happen.

29 minutes ago, Geezy said:

2019 1st (15)

2019 3rd (get the pick back that we sent to the Steelers in the Brown trade)

2019 5th (get the pick back that we sent to the Steelers in the Brown trade)

2020 2nd (get the pick back that we sent to the Bears in the Mack trade...still saying wtf Reggie)

3 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

I was going to say 15, next years 1st, and a 2nd. Colts got 3 2nds from Jets to move from 6 to 3. I understand it's a bit different this year, but I think we need at least next year's first and a 2nd. Their first next year will likely be a high one so it should shake out pretty well if that were to happen.

Desperate teams are always willing to do desperate things and the Jets were desperate last year. 

13 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Desperate teams are always willing to do desperate things and the Jets were desperate last year. 

Yea agreed. I am not sure how it shakes out value wise, but I imagine 15/2020 1st/2nd for 4 is better for Washington than 6/2nd/2nd/2019 2nd for 3 was for Jets. Washington may be desperate too, and even still get a discount versus Jets deal. It would be amazing for us.

Archived