Official NFL Draft (Gameday?) Thread [Will Update UDFA in OP When Available]

steelcurtain29

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I agree. Could totally see them going OL in R1 next year

2020 needs...

OL/S/Edge/TE(I any order)

Maybe switch out S with DE depending how Davis does this year.

Already looking ahead :D

Edited by AlanFanecaFan

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Based on everything Ive found on Gentry, this pick was about developing the running game and protecting Ben.

no problems with that, so are they going to be serious about the running game even with ben wanting to pass all the time? what gives?

7 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

I think they’re gonna throw in a OL pick too here...Finney probably gone after this year, Foster nearing end and Villy already 31.

Foster got a new deal and Finney stays. I can see  OL help next year, but Finney should stay unless he gets a better deal as a starter somewhere else

1 minute ago, 3rivers said:

no problems with that, so are they going to be serious about the running game even with ben wanting to pass all the time? what gives?

I think last year proved they need to be. Benny Snell screams 'passing out of backfield'. Having 3 RBs that can receive, thats really uncommon in the NFL, at least in terms of guys being good at it. These guys are. 

It opens up play action capability, counter runs, etc. I think what theyre doing is creating versatility.

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I think last year proved they need to be. Benny Snell screams 'passing out of backfield'. Having 3 RBs that can receive, thats really uncommon in the NFL, at least in terms of guys being good at it. These guys are. 

It opens up play action capability, counter runs, etc. I think what theyre doing is creating versatility.

He has 29 career receptions in 39 games. That's more of a whisper than a scream to me.

14 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

Foster got a new deal and Finney stays. I can see  OL help next year, but Finney should stay unless he gets a better deal as a starter somewhere else

Foster is 34, only a 2 year deal and next years cap hit is 2x that of this years

Fonney will need starter $$$...we’ll see if they resign him or not.

14 minutes ago, Livewire said:

He has 29 career receptions in 39 games. That's more of a whisper than a scream to me.

That's fair, but I think his skill set suggests he's capable of it.  Benny Snell, I think, will compliment Conner and Samuels well.  He isn't going to be relied upon to be the top receiving threat by any means, but I think that he is capable of it.  He is also a guy, I think can handle a large load of work if Conner isn't healthy.

• Like 1