2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread Part 2 - The Draft Begins!

y2lamanaki

Just now, oldman9er said:

just a baby, aint he?

Yeah, but I think it's all wrong there in Green Bay for him to be honest. Alexander thrives in man coverage...I think Jackson was always going to be far better suited for zone. Plus, his technique has just been awful. If they get that corrected, maybe there is something there. 

A linebacker? They announced Gary as a linebacker? That's a very interesting projection there. Would have figured they would have gone the other way there and made him a 3-4 DE with some weight or something. I don't perceive this as a move that's going to work out for them. 

1 minute ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Gary to GB. That makes a little more sense than going for a pure edge guy after the investment they made in free agency. High ceiling guy. 

I'm just confused about making him an olb in a 3-4 scheme. I think that's a major projection and going to require a lot of work. I thought his natural position would be 3t at the next level, in their scheme, a 3-4 de. So making him an olb is quite seriously the exact opposite of what i thought he would become. 

Just now, Aussie9er said:

Yeah don’t like the pick of Gary he was my most likely to bust of the rushers in draft 

Glad he isn't on the board. He's certainly got a lot of potential, but there were better players available for the taking. GB is betting on his potential and shooting for the moon. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm just confused about making him an olb in a 3-4 scheme. I think that's a major projection and going to require a lot of work. I thought his natural position would be 3t at the next level, in their scheme, a 3-4 de. So making him an olb is quite seriously the exact opposite of what i thought he would become. 

I guess I missed that. I don't think he is an edge period. I think he needs to play inside. Completely agree with you, I think 3T is his fit. 

Archived