#2 Toronto Raptors vs. #3 Philadelphia 76ers | 2019 East Semifinals

11sanchez11

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But no one was limiting Shaq. That's why let him get his and get into a shootout… which in the early 00s was the equivalent of 102-100 LOL. 

Bucks were so good offensively that season and of course they faced the 76ers who were the best team to slow them down. AI was so good in that game 7.

That game 1 was the closest thing I've felt to knowing what it's like to see my team win a championship lol.

All my friends were Lakers fans, and I was so annoying the next morning. Needless to say, crow had to be digested a week later. xD

3 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

That game 1 was the closest thing I've felt to knowing what it's like to see my team win a championship lol.

All my friends were Lakers fans, and I was so annoying the next morning. Needless to say, crow had to be digested a week later. xD

Oh trust me, everyone around me was Lakers fans as well…. The reason I started to hate them lol. 

Everyone was definitely stunned after game 1, and IIRC, the 76ers were actually up in the 4th quarter of game 2 so they could have had the defending champs on the ropes. But Lakers pulled through and never looked back after that. 

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Oh trust me, everyone around me was Lakers fans as well…. The reason I started to hate them lol. 

Everyone was definitely stunned after game 1, and IIRC, the 76ers were actually up in the 4th quarter of game 2 so they could have had the defending champs on the ropes. But Lakers pulled through and never looked back after that. 

Looking over the team stats from that year, the Bucks were the only team in the East to average 100 pts. Only 3 other teams did that in the entire league. The Kings being basically the Warriors of today with super dazzling offense lead the league with a whopping 101.7. Three teams held opponents under 90 a game. Haha, wow. Not hard to see why a lot of old timers complain about today's basketball.

Just now, Mossburg said:

Looking over that team stats from that year, the Bucks were the only team in the East to average 100 pts. Only 3 other teams did that in the entire league. The Kings being basically the Warriors of today with super dazzling offense lead the league with a whopping 101.7. Three teams held opponents under 90 a game. Haha, wow. Not hard to see why a lot of old timers complain about today's basketball.

And the Kings gave them their best run during the three peat proving my point that the Bucks had the best shot at competing against that Lakers team!!!! Just ignore that the Lakers swept the Kings that season though LOL. 

Yeah, totally different ball game. I honestly didn't have a problem with that type of playing style. The mid 00s though? Now there was a whole a lot of terrible basketball going on. 

But back to the Lakers, it seriously ticks me off how folks continue to underrate Kobe during that run. He averaged against the Kings in the 2nd round:

35/9/4/1/1 on 47/20/86 shooting splits

Then against the Spurs in the conference finals:

33/7/7/2/1 on 51/36/77 shooting splits

In a lot of those Western Conference series, where let's be real was the Lakers biggest competition, Kobe was right up there with Shaq. That was a true 1 and 1a type of ish going on. But in the finals Shaq would go completely off and people years later started to act like Kobe was just along the ride. SMH. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

And the Kings gave them their best run during the three peat proving my point that the Bucks had the best shot at competing against that Lakers team!!!! Just ignore that the Lakers swept the Kings that season though LOL. 

Yeah, totally different ball game. I honestly didn't have a problem with that type of playing style. The mid 00s though? Now there was a whole a lot of terrible basketball going on. 

But back to the Lakers, it seriously ticks me off how folks continue to underrate Kobe during that run. He averaged against the Kings in the 2nd round:

35/9/4/1/1 on 47/20/86 shooting splits

Then against the Spurs in the conference finals:

33/7/7/2/1 on 51/36/77 shooting splits

In a lot of those Western Conference series, where let's be real was the Lakers biggest competition, Kobe was right up there with Shaq. That was a true 1 and 1a type of ish going on. But in the finals Shaq would go completely off and people years later started to act like Kobe was just along the ride. SMH. 

Yea, Shaq's Finals MVPs are overrated for sure because the Finals were decided in the WCF every year until Larry Brown took a trip to Mo Town.

Just now, Mossburg said:

Yea, Shaq's Finals MVPs are overrated for sure because the Finals were decided in the WCF every year until Larry Brown took a trip to Mo Town.

Reminds of when Deion talks about the NFC championship games in the 90s between Dallas/GB/SF and saying that was the real SB, regardless of who came out from the AFC LOL. Obviously later the Broncos beat the Packers but you can make the same comparison with the Spurs/Lakers in the late 90s and early 00s. 

Things started to change after Brown went to the Pistons for sure. They became a legit threat and then Shaq went to Miami and for a bit they were a top contender and then obviously the big 3 in Boston. 

East finally is started to look like they are about to get their ish together and we are about to see multiple legit teams for the first time since?........Miami/Indy days? 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Sure, defensively the 76ers were superior no doubt, but the Bucks offensively would have been able to score with the Lakers. They had more offensive weapons compared to Philly who was completely reliant on AI and him creating for everyone else. The 76ers defense was great Shaq was going to do his thing regardless and the Lakers were going to get theirs. So best bet was for a team to go bucket for bucket against them. 

If the Lakers played the Bucks in the Finals, they would have went 16-0 that postseason.  Should have swept the Sixers, but Iverson literally willed them with a Godly performance. 

21 hours ago, KellChippy said:

Game 1: Crap, Raptors are taking this in five

Game 3: Wow, we are just a more talented team when we play to our potential

Game 5: Crap, no we aren’t

Game 6: ....hmmm....

Pretty much haha and same but in reverse for me as a Raps fan. Felt great after games 1 and 5. Felt really bad after games 3 and 6. 

Wish the game was today or at least the early game on Sunday. The wait is killing me right now. 

7 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

Pretty much haha and same but in reverse for me as a Raps fan. Felt great after games 1 and 5. Felt really bad after games 3 and 6. 

Wish the game was today or at least the early game on Sunday. The wait is killing me right now. 

Same, but I’m also cherishing our relevance after the process years.  I just hope our organization/free agents don’t overreact to a potential loss.

I hope Kawhi stays too regardless of how tomorrow plays out, the east was too entertaining this year.

Archived