Baltimore Ravens 2019 Draft Thread

coordinator0

9 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

So you see only 1 possible contributor??

i see 3-4

Brown, Boykin, Powers and Mack

Powers could take over LG by week 5-6 depending on play of Alex Lewis and Hurst 

Brown and Boykin: unless Chris Moore steps up, these both could really take on a heavy role. The only locked position at WR is Snead 

Mack: easily see some opportunity for rotational snaps this season. Keep the boys fresh up front. Unless Wormley is in that rotational NT role 

Agree. Seems like an overly pessimistic take on the guys they got. 

2 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

So you see only 1 possible contributor??

2. Brown and Hill. Maybe 3, if Ferguson can do some things inside.

2 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

Powers could take over LG by week 5-6 depending on play of Alex Lewis and Hurst

That won't happen. Lewis played very poorly last season and we still didn't make the RT-LG Hurst switch until Alex got injured. That's with Orlando Brown crushing preseason and playing well against the Bills when we pulled our starters too. Rookies are held back under Harbaugh.

6 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

Brown and Boykin: unless Chris Moore steps up, these both could really take on a heavy role. The only locked position at WR is Snead

Harbaugh confirmed Chris Moore is the guy. He already has chemistry with Lamar, is a veteran, and has performed well when given the opportunity. Neither Rookie is going to push him off the field. Lasley has a leg up on Boykin too, and I don't see it being overcome in Year 1. I do think Boykin makes Scott expendable though.

Brown, Snead, Moore, and Lasley will be the guys this season.

11 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

Mack: easily see some opportunity for rotational snaps this season. Keep the boys fresh up front. Unless Wormley is in that rotational NT role 

Maybe, but Henry, Wormley, Pierce, Williams, Sieler. And possibly some inside reps for Ferguson. It's crowded. 

5 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Agree. Seems like an overly pessimistic take on the guys they got. 

How is it pessimistic? I like the players we picked. Our team is deep and Harbaugh consistently rolls with and leans on veterans. That isn't exactly a controversial take.

We had a good draft. It's a good sign that not many of them will need to contribute right away. It means we have a strong roster.

• Like 2

I am with Dreamkid here, although I see 1 starter and 3 rotational pieces in Hill, Mack and Ferguson. 

Brown obviously should make it as a starter on several passing downs doing his thing. Hill can compete as a returner and get some snaps as a 3rd down runningback - most likely eating into Gus/Dixons snaps, Mack will fill in when Dline is banged up/misses time and Ferguson will be such a nice player to put into a 2-point stand and just take on a tackle head to head creating space for Tim Williams and Tyus Bowser.

Boykin is the pick I am most critical about. But I hope better QB play can bring something from him.

19 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

How is it pessimistic? I like the players we picked. Our team is deep and Harbaugh consistently rolls with and leans on veterans. That isn't exactly a controversial take.

We had a good draft. It's a good sign that not many of them will need to contribute right away. It means we have a strong roster.

My bad. When I read your post I didn’t realize you were saying for this coming season only. 

• Like 1