2019 NFL Draft: Day 3 - Rounds 4, 5, 6, & 7

gopherwrestler

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

Size wise... yes... I still think he is better as a 4-3 end. He’s probably my biggest “faller” so far.

IDK he hasn't fallen to much to me yet, I had him pegged as a 3rd rounder the whole time.  I never understood the round 2 hype but I would never hate on my guys

24 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Probably closer to 4

He averaged 4.7 yds in his college career.  I don't believe that translates all they way down to 3.0 in The NFL.  The defenders are better in The NFL, but your own team's OL are better, as well.   He should be good for about 4 yd./carry if our OL is halfway decent.

6 minutes ago, Robb_K said:

He averaged 4.7 yds in his college career.  I don't believe that translates all they way down to 3.0 in The NFL.  The defenders are better in The NFL, but your own team's OL are better, as well.   He should be good for about 4 yd./carry if our OL is halfway decent.

I think the kid is a beast. He will produce in the NFL, no doubt. No gimmicks, just toughness.

Vikings have nine choices Saturday.

The Vikings currently own the 120th (fourth round), 159th (fifth round), 190th (sixth round), 191st (sixth round), 193rd (sixth round), 204th (sixth round), 217th (seventh round), 247th (seventh round) and 250th (seventh round) choices.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/26/vikings-have-nine-choices-saturday/

Rick The Pickumulator (RTP) can afford to trade two 2019 picks for 2020 picks and still have his coveted 10 picks in 2019.

The value of those picks, 2019 and 2020, however, has diminished. 

Pointing to a few late round success stories does NOT support their alleged value as a 'lottery ticket'.   The league-wide-accepted NFL draft value chart, with exponentially decreasing value of successive pick positions, supports that assertion.

Defense should be the focus for the last 7 (or 9?) 2019 picks, with a developmental OT drafted in round 6 or 7.

Expect DT, DE, CB/S/KR/PR/ST player, OT, OLB, OG, and K today, then a boastful post-draft press conference by RTP.

Terms like 'steal of the draft', and 'just the guy we wanted', 'fits our system/ what we want to do' and 'we were happy to see him available when our pick came around' will be strewn among RTP's comments and replies in the Q&A segment.   Kubiak or someone else has forced RTP to face the reality that he sucks at selecting OL, WR, and QB, and that an OL in round 1 was necessary.  I wonder if any of the local or nation sports media members will bring up that question (i.e. OL given high priority)?  Nah!  The locals will remain sycophants so they can get future interviews with RTP.

6 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Vikings have nine choices Saturday.

The Vikings currently own the 120th (fourth round), 159th (fifth round), 190th (sixth round), 191st (sixth round), 193rd (sixth round), 204th (sixth round), 217th (seventh round), 247th (seventh round) and 250th (seventh round) choices.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/26/vikings-have-nine-choices-saturday/

Id hope that they could move up in the 4th with some of those 6ths. 

Archived