2019 Draft Weekend Discussion!

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

If we were trading down to 13 to draft Ferrell in our internal mocks I would guess he probably wasnt top 5 on our vertical board.

The best example is probably what we did at 24 and 27.  If you believe Rappaport, we were going to draft Sweat at 27 before Washington jumped us.  We very likely could drafted Sweat at 24 and then Jacobs at 27.  It seems clear that we're locked in on positions at each spot instead of taking the value that falls.  

Yes, it tells you they saw value in trading down. I'm sure they tried, but no one was trading up. They took the player they were targeting regardless.

It's easy to say what you are about 24&27 in hindsight, but just like the skins traded up to get Sweat, you don't know that someone wouldn't trade up for Jacobs. Just because the next few teams behind you don't need the player your targeting, doesn't mean one of the other 28 teams won't trade up. 

1 minute ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

Imagine:

1.4 - Ed Oliver or Devin White

1.24 - Montez Sweat

1.27 - Josh Jacobs

2.35 - DB

It’s not that easy, Wash jumped us at 27 to take Sweat, without taking Ferrell at 4, you don’t think we would have been jumped, with the entire league knowing we need a DE. 

Just now, Chwf3rd25 said:

Imagine:

1.4 - Ed Oliver or Devin White

1.24 - Montez Sweat

1.27 - Josh Jacobs

2.35 - DB

Ed Oliver, Devin White, or Josh Allen

Montez Sweat

Jacobs, Brown, Abram, etc.

Assuming we couldn't find a trading partner (which I'm just not willing to buy into)

1 of Abram or Jacobs almost assuredly would have still been there at 35. 

No matter how we cut it, we missed out on at least 1 guy by reaching. 

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Do you math bro?

Oliver OR Allen could have been had. Oliver AND Allen can make multipe ProBowls. 

That's a single bite. You're not very good at this and should probably quit. 

No your are not that good at this, go on record with one or the other, if Allen is good and Oliver sucks you can say well i wanted Allen or vice versa. You said Ferrell was a reach so who would you have taken. 

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

It’s not that easy, Wash jumped us at 27 to take Sweat, without taking Ferrell at 4, you don’t think we would have been jumped, with the entire league knowing we need a DE. 

Correct. If we change any one of our picks, it could change everything that happened afterwards.

When we picked at 4 we picked the #2 guy on my big board. At 24 we picked the #2 guy ok my big board. Abrams was in my #8 available. 

Told y'all we aren't looking at QB's. (Had haskins at 4. Lock at 24 and 27)

Told y'all we aren't looking at WRs (passed.on all them with all 3 picks)

I still may know a thing or two boys.

Archived