2019 Draft Weekend Discussion!

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Also: for those of you who were hurt over missing out on Derwin James last year, Abrams is a very similar player. 

Watch him vs Iowa. He tosses Hockenson around like a child.

what hurts is who we picked over James. Let's hope Abrams is going to be very similar to James, but that still doesnt take away that the Kolton Miller pick wasnt a succes (unless he improves)

1 minute ago, SimonGruber said:

More concerned of him covering TEs And making plays on the ball aren’t the days of enforcer safety’s kinda over ? 

+1 

I will hold my thoughts on his coverage skills because You can only find highlights of him hitting hard......just like Karl Joseph when he came out. 

Very unimpressed with this draft so far.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

In the Gruden era we have made 5 1st/2nd round picks, those picks have been very underwhelming.

1st: Kolton Miller, Clelin Ferrell, Josh Jacobs, Jonathan Abram 

2nd: PJ Hall

Every single pick has been a major reach. 

Not every pick, Josh Jacobs was not a reach. 

Just now, Roninho said:

what hurts is who we picked over James. Let's hope Abrams is going to be very similar to James, but that still doesnt take away that the Kolton Miller pick wasnt a succes (unless he improves)

Yes. And Ferrell this year is almost just as much of a reach. 

In Daniel Jeremiah's first edition of his top 50 prospects (pre combine) Clelin Ferrell was his 22nd prospect, Josh Jacobs 6th, and Johnathan Abram 25.By his final top 100 list they ended up 8th, 19th, and 23rd. Kinda hard to hate the group, but I too agree Ferrell could have netted that 3rd rounder in a trade down first and Sweat would have been more than enough insurance if he went off the board.

Just now, raidr4life said:

Funny when Ferrell is getting double digit sacks and Jacobs runs for 1000 plus yards and Abrams is blowing dudes up you will be throwing your panties on the field.

Um? Sure? Good comeback bro. 

I didn't say I hated the Ferrell pick. But it's practically universally acknowledged that 4 was too high for him. When he reaches double digit sacks for a team that had 13 all of last season, sure, I'll be impressed.

Jacobs running for 1000+? He never ran for more than 640 at Alabama. He's hardly been used. He wasn't even their lead RB and we spent a 1st on him.....Sure, I'll be highly impressed when he reaches 1000+ yards. Until then, I'll gladly remain skeptical of his value. Judging by the teams picking afterwards, he more than likely would have still been available later. 

Abrams blowing dudes up? Cool story. Could've still gotten him later. 

Make all the sophomoric jokes you desire, it doesn't negate that all 3 picks were poorly made with better options available each time. Nothing wrong with realizing we could have had what we got AND more. 

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

In Daniel Jeremiah's first edition of his top 50 prospects (pre combine) Clelin Ferrell was his 22nd prospect, Josh Jacobs 6th, and Johnathan Abram 25.By his final top 100 list they ended up 8th, 19th, and 23rd. Kinda hard to hate the group, but I too agree Ferrell could have netted that 3rd rounder in a trade down first and Sweat would have been more than enough insurance if he went off the board.

Why are we limiting ourselves to the 1st edition of his Big Board?

7 minutes ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

Why are we limiting ourselves to the 1st edition of his Big Board?

To show that they weren't combine hype nonsense risers when I compared to his final top 100 prospects list lol?

Archived